Heating Tax Cost More Than Corn Heat

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 29 6:09 PM
      We buy local cow corn. Gravity wagons are filling up for cows and
      hogs while we are sacking up corn. We get warm twice.

      We save the corn bags. New sacks cost $0.30 each. Recycle, help
      refill old corn bags at the silo, load, and haul home. The farm
      knocks $0.50 a bushel off the corn price. When my finger pokes a hole
      in the bag, we seal the holes in the bag with duct tape. The original
      bags are recycled every trip to the farm. We refill each bag three or
      four times. Saving $50 - $100 every year is worth keeping corn bags
      out of the trash can. Recycled corn bags will pay for petro to haul
      the corn and get out of town.

      Highway tax and ethanol tax does not affect corn. State tax does.

      Cow corn is hot when liquid fuel is not.

      When, not if, Federal taxes kill ethanol, biodiesel, biofuels, and
      liquid fuels, our lot is cast with solid hot silo heat.
      http://www.renewableenergyaccess.com/rea/news/story?id=49745
      > Germany kills biodiesel with a 44c/litre tax by 2012.
    • tennesseecornstoves
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 28, 2007
        Just use whole kernel shelled corn.

        Rapeseed for ethanol got taxed out of existence in the EU.
        Corn for ethanol could too in the US. The US tariff now is $0.44/gal
        for corn ethanol directly from Brazil. Columbian Warlords pay no
        tariff to ship ethanol to the US indirectly from Brazil. Brazil does.