$1.20/gallon for Grassolean Tennessee Corn Ethanol

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2007
      ORNL and UTK to produce $1.20/gal grassolean wholesale corn ethanol
      in quantities equal 30% of Tennessee use.
      http://agriculture.tennessee.edu/Biofuel/

      --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, "tennesseecornstoves"
      <tennesseecornstoves@...> wrote:

      > Corn prices projected at $0.20 to $0.40/gallon this fall have heat
      > equivalents to $3/gal gasoline. OK Big brother argues to deduct
      10%.
      > While gas prices flunctuate 10% each week, Liquid petro prices are
      > ten times the price of corn.
      > Gas prices will ratched down a while
      > a corn ethanol refinery dries up.
      > Big oil is slick.
      > Like dirt is to soil
      > Oil prices will stick
      > They sweat and they toil
      > Spend it all on big oil
      >

      > --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, "Cornstoves" <haclift@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Corn energy cost less and will remain the low cost energy. Uh!
      > Unless
      > > you find a fire sale at e-bay flea market.
      > > Corn should cost less in 2007 than 2006 if supply and demand
      affect
      > > corn prices. In 2007 100 million acres of corn is expected to
      > produce
      > > 150 billion gallons of corn for a population of only 300
      million.
      > > How will you use your 50 gallons of corn this year?
      > > OOps! Every family of three must use 150 gallons of corn in
      2007.
      > > Gasoline - no problem at $3/gal. But corn at $0.30-
      $0.40/gallon?
      > > That's $15 per person per year for corn!! What a bargin! Equal
      > > energy in corn ethanol or gasoline would cost $150 - roughly ten
      > > times the cost of corn energy.
      > >
      > > In 2007, 2.3 million acres of corn in Louisiana, Mississippi and
      > > Arkansas is a significant increase over the 800,000 acres of corn
      > in
      > > 2006. Mississippi alone has 983,000 acres of corn. Within the
      past
      > > two weeks rainfall has been excellent in Southern Corn fields. A
      > > shortage of corn storage facilities and corn shipping
      arrangements
      > is
      > > anticipated for the unusually large corn supply in 2007.
      Tennessee
      > is
      > > not likely to ever exceed the 1.5 million acres of corn planted
      in
      > > early 1900's required to power mules with horsepower.
      > >
      > > One should not be overly concerned that ethanol refineries could
      > > raise corn prices. The opposite could occur. Increased corn
      acreage
      > > represents low corn prices. Low corn prices are necessary for
      > Ethanol
      > > refineries to remain competitive and profitable. High corn prices
      > are
      > > not in the best interest of ethanol refineries. Corn ethanol is
      > > holding sky rocket gasoline prices close to earth, err - Just
      above
      > > ear level.
      > >
      > > Big oil plays the economy like a well tuned fiddle. Harp if you
      > > like. Play up to the corn fire in complete comfort. Be assured
      > corn
      > > energy consistently cost less than any other option unless you
      have
      > > burner for trash e-mail.

    • amaizablaze
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 11, 2007
        $1.20/gallon for fuel is not bad at today's prices.
        Corn is $0.40/gallon.
        Corn would have to be $30/bushel to equal $3/gal gasoline.
        My heating bill is reduced about $1 for every gallon of corn
        I will gladly encourage my wife to pour corn into the hopper to save $8
        to $10 for every bushel of corn she pours. She does it because she
        loves ..
        the heat.