Gasoline Production at Refineries

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 15, 2007
      Except for corn ethanol refineries, no new oil petroleum refineries
      have been built in the US for many decades. EPA guidelines for
      refineries continue to tighten. To clear the air, what's good for
      the lungs hits the bottom line. Kinda like a kick in the pants, near
      half the people pack the wallet below that bottom belt line.
      http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/hist/mgfrx_nus_1m.htm
      Department of Energy (DOE) latest statistics indicate Feb and March
      2007 to be the low production months for gasoline. Total Refineriey
      capacity normally runs at 90-97% capacity. Overall Refinery
      production in early 2007 was 89% capacity.

      Although there are some isolated exceptions, Electricity production
      is also down. Electricity can hardly be stored and therefore
      electrical production equals electrical use. Utilities are 25%-29%
      efficient with each generator being it's own largest consumer plus 10-
      20% line or grid loss in delivery. Improved efficiency at home or
      work allows the generator to cut back 7 MwH for 3 MwH efficiency
      improvement. That simple equation explains how the US produces about
      the same amount of electricity each year since late 1970's.
      The bad news about improved electrical efficiency in the home is the
      utility has a slightly increased annual cost of existence which is
      delegated to each consumer. Electrical conservation on the whole
      automatically results in increased electrical rates per unit MwH
      production for each end user.
      The economic professor explains that individual efficiency is good
      for the bottom line of each individual consumer whereas overall
      improved efficiency of the community results in increased cost per
      unit energy to be paid by each individual consumer.

      Electrical production is equal electrical use because electricity can
      not be economically stored. Yeah, we all know about TVA's Racoon
      Mountain pumped hydro storage. I have never known Racoon Mountain to
      keep the lights on during loss of the grid, Paradise Fossil, or
      Hollywood's Bellefonte Nuclear 40 year S David Freeman failure.

      Oil storage capacity allows petro refinery production to vary from
      use in the short term or on a daily basis. On an annual basis,
      refinery production of oil must equal the amount of oil used within
      the available storage capacity.
      Federal emergency management oil reserves vary from 30 days to 90
      days at the perrogative of the President. Subsequent to utility
      deregulation, Coal reserves at electrical power plants are
      economically based on a 45 day reserve even though the available
      storage area or coal pile acreage originally maintained coal storage
      capacity equal or greater than a 12 month reserve capacity.

      --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, Ken Meinken <ken.meinken@...> wrote:

      > Cornstoves wrote:
      > > Refinery output is the lowest in 15 years further squeezing the
      > > bottleneck for energy output.
      >
      > I do not believe that is accurate. Please provide specific data to
      back
      > up this claim.
      >
      > AFAIK, refineries are producing more today than they were 15 years
      ago.
      > However, demand has risen even faster.
      >
      > Ken

    • Ken Meinken
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 15, 2007
        Cornstoves wrote:
        > no new oil petroleum refineries
        > have been built in the US for many decades.

        True. However, efficiency and production output from the existing
        refineries have increase 1-2% per year.
      • john killen
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 16, 2007
          WE have been sold out by our treason by the congress critters by not becomming energy independent.........i hears all this bullshit in the 70's almost workd for word............the last time a refinery was built in the usa was 1976.

          Are we so stupid as to think all this stuff just "sneaked up on us"?
          WE have been sold out and most americans are too stupid to realize it!!!!!!!!!!!!

          You all better be putting food and ammon and weapons on the shelf as quickly as possible!
          Start listening to

          and pray for your Children People.
          John Edward

          > have been built in the US for many decades.

          True. However, efficiency and production output from the existing
          refineries have increase 1-2% per year.

        • cornstoves
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 25, 2007
            Cornstoves are plentiful this year. Purchase a cornstove while you
            can. Grid electrical power, OPEC oil, diesel are climbing to meet
            energy averages. Congress will not come to the aid of the rich
            working class. Congress aid goes to poor CEO's, poor money Managers,
            poor aliens but never break a tax on the rich working class.