Corn Prices vs Pork, Beef, Milk & Fuel Prices

  • cornstoves
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2006
      Corn price control in action is defined at website
      http://www.acga.org/programs/foodvrsfarm/default.htm.
      The early seventies until 2006's row crop farms sell corn for 5c/#.
      Hog farms choose to feed out the corn to barrows and guilts selling
      pork for 40c/#.
      Cattle farms feed the corn to steers and heifers selling beef for
      50c/#
      Dairy farms feed holstein or gersey heifers & cows selling milk for
      $1/gal.
      Coke and Pepsi are not farms but sell corn syrup at $1/can and up.

      Two hundred new refineries will soon sell corn ethanol for the price
      of gasoline and soybeans methanol for the price of diesel.

      If the local farmer could get burnt corn rich I would have a rich
      neighbor and wealthy friend. Foreign American financed oil tycoon
      terrorist and thefts will never become workers and farmers. Workers
      do not need to steal and terrorize. Terrorist and thefts choose not
      to labor and sweat.

      Corn stoves help local farms hold down a job, farm produce holds down
      local and global beef and pork prices, feeds the middle class, rich
      and poor election year or no both local and foreign. First and
      foremost corn stoves help hold down the price of energy and hold up
      the temperature in Grannies room.

      --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, "Cornstoves" <haclift@...> wrote:

      > The cost for a bushel of corn is not controlled by any one or many
      > foreign terrorist nor the US government support price nor inflation
      > nor depression nor the big three nor the price of other fuels nor
      > the price of a gallon of gasoline nor ethanol nor diesel nor
      > biodiesel nor electricity nor natural gas nor fertilizer nor food
      > nor agri-business nor supply nor demand nor drought nor flood nor
      > hurricane nor tornado nor earthquake. The only recorded exception
      > was a July freeze across North America as recorded in year 1816. A
      > July freeze would absolutely affect the price and production of
      corn.
      > How can corn prices remain constant since 1817?
      > If everyone heats with corn will the demand for corn drive up the
      > cost of corn?
      > What controls the price of corn?
      > What is the profit margin for corn?
      > How much does it cost to raise a bushel of corn?
      >
      > The price of corn is controlled by "near perfect competition"
      > between 2 million local farms in competition with local farms
      around
      > the globe. Below one can "reason" with just one reasonable local
      > farmer that makes a living farming corn and significant other
      crops.
      > Enjoy and rest assured the price of corn is the most stable of any
      > item known to modern mankind.
      >
      > http://deltafarmpress.com/news/061017-corn-yields/
      > Good corn yields lead to more acres, Oct 17, 2006 9:45 AM, By Elton
      > Robinson, Farm Press Editorial Staff
      >
      > It started out as a demonstration plot in 2005, a few acres of corn
      > planted in a twin-row, 30-inch pattern using a borrowed Great
      Plains
      > planter. But when the plot on Dulaney Farms, just south of
      > Clarksdale, Miss., yielded 280 bushels per acre, "that opened our
      > eyes," said Wayne Dulaney, who farms with his father, Edwin, uncle,
      > Terry and brother, J.D.
      >
      > The Dulaneys have enough storage capacity to hold all their beans
      > and rice, plus another 1,000 acres of contract soybean
      > production. "This year, we hope to be maxed out. It's going to be
      > tight," Wayne said.
      >
      > A key component in corn production for the Dulaneys is grain
      > storage. "It helps to have the bin storage, so you can hold it and
      > sell it in January or February to end users. You can build a
      storage
      > system will all the bells and whistles for about $3 a bushel. It
      > doesn't take long making an extra 40 to 50 cents per bushel a year
      > to pay for the storage.
      >
      > "A 12 percent to 15 percent return on investment is very
      reasonable.
      > You just have to make a commitment that corn is going to be part of
      > your rotation."
      >
      > The Dulaneys total costs for producing the corn crop in 2006 was
      > $429.85 per acre. They figure a 210-bushel yield will breakeven at
      > around $2.05. If they sell their corn at $2.95, they would
      recognize
      > a profit of $189.65 per acre.
      >
      > The farm locked in prices for corn this season at over $2.55 a
      > bushel. Average yields for this season came in around 214 to 221,
      > depending on the fields.
      >
      > Although this is only their second year of producing corn, the
      > Dulaneys have already learned an important lesson, Wayne
      > notes. "Corn is not like cotton or soybeans which compensate for a
      > lost plant here and there. With corn, you have to get it right from
      > the beginning. Plant high-quality seed and plant it very precisely."
      >
      > e-mail: erobinson@...

    • cornstoves
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 15, 2006
        Corn is total comfortable temperature and relative humidity.
        Corn takes effort, knowledge, patience, learning lighting, ash
        handling, saving for the investment.
        12+ weeks to raise corn. 12+ years to raise ears corn height.
        Corn heat nor kids feet are flip a switch convient.
        Corn heat is the local low cost energy.
        Kids feet and corn are full of energy.
        Corn heat energy helps the locals.
        Improve economic environment all ears to the ground
        Improve ambient environment room comfort
        Reward the local corn farm boom or fort
        Reduce waste corn and freeing storage for food
        Reduce government payments to "not raise corn" balanced budget
        Reduce government payments to "share" corn through panama canal
        Reduce government price support when corn prices drop
        Reduce government dumping corn overboard or overseas
        Reduce the price to raise corn fed beef and corm full pork bellies
        Reduce the cost to produce corn reducing starvation globally
        Reduce global warming. Growing corn breathes in COx and oxygen out.
        Reduce dependence on foreign oil, foreign soil, foreign sole
        Reduce fuel prices.
        Redefine fuel. Refine corn ethanol(gas).
        Refine bean methanol (diesel). Redefine energy.
        Reduce the personal energy bill. Reduce while loading corn.
        Reduce 15 tons pollution each year. Reduce 15# personal weight.
        Reduce poverty and starvation globally.
        Eat more corn. Heat more corn.
        Support military personnel protecting foreign oil globally
        Support competition between nations for energy.
        Support eastern oil staying local.
        Support local renewable western energy.
        Reduce government and military dependence on terrorist
        Support independent local renewable safe clean low cost edible corn
        energy

        Quoted above, "In one broad legislative stroke, this nation has the
        ability to reduce our dependence on foreign oil, provide Rural
        America with renewed economic activity, improve our environment, and
        reduce conflict related to energy needs and economics, while
        lessening the poverty and starvation around the globe all in one fell
        swoop. In any case, Rural America must move forward on this endeavor
        with our without our governments help