Which Corn Stove to Buy

  • tennesseecornstoves
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2006
      1. Select a local corn stove dealer from the list on
      www.cornstoves.info
      2. Make a decision before cool weather. Due to the high cost of
      foreign petroleum fuels, factory inventories of local corn stoves may
      be completely depleted early in the season.
      3. For heating multiple elevations consider the Model 7100
      Amaizablaze. If preferred, it can be connected to the HVAC.
      4. For fireplace applications, consider the fireplace insert,
      Amaizablaze Model 4100. Plan to install one on each elevation.
      5. Limited space may be heated with the Model 2100 Amaizablaze. It
      will fit beneath the shelves in the room or below most windows in
      single wide mobile homes.

      The term corn furnace is usually applied to commercial corn stove
      units housed in a small outside building or in an abandoned basement
      that originally housed a coal furnace. An entire room was used to
      store the coal for the furnace.

      A corn stove for home heat should be located in the living space so
      occupants can enjoy the beautiful corn flames and hot breeze. A corn
      stove has the appearance of a fireplace even if the cornstove is
      mounted on legs, a base, or a hearth. Store the corn fuel in a
      stairwell closet for talking purposes.

      --- In CornStoves@yahoogroups.com, "Sara M." <themartis@...> wrote:

      > Ok, we're looking at corn stoves and corn furnaces. We're pretty
      overwhelmed by all the choices. Does anyone know the pros and cons of
      a corn stove vs. a corn furnace?