Corn Field Locations in New Hampshire

  • Harry & Linda Clift
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9 7:03 PM
      Subject: Re: CornStoves Corn Fields in New Hampshire
      Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 22:31:16 -0400
      MIke S
      Main thing is to consider how to handle the corn once you locate a good source. It's good even heat and you kinda develop a sentimental attachment to the 'corn pile'.I plan to install a bunker in the basement to hold about 1.5 tons. Which by the way isn't all that large. Main thing is this.....big house, up to 2 bushel a day corn use. Small house, 1 bushel or less. Just be realistic about what you expect the corn stove to be able to accomplish. We will probably need supplemental help from the furnace in colder weather here in Ohio. But the main thing is to be willing to experiment.
      Nick S.

      CornStoves-owner@yahoogroups.com
      I am considering buying a corn burning stove or a stove capable of
      burning a mixture of wood pellets and corn. My concern is the
      availability and price of dry shelled corn in my area. Does anyone
      have any advice or information on this. I'm not even sure where I
      would look for corn as fuel. I live in southwestern New Hampshire
      about 20 miles from Massachusetts and 20 miles from Vermont.
      Thanks, Mike S, NH