586Bellefonte - Never Will Operate

  • TennesseeCornStoves
    Sep 3, 2010
      Since 1970 TVA spent about $4 Billion on Bellefonte Nuclear Plant. Fuel has never been loaded. In addition to the construction personnel and design personnel, A full operating crew has been on site full time for 40 years ready to operate a plant that has no fuel. But, even worse, US troops have no ammo while placed in harms way in Iraq today. We call that "all US troops moved out of Iraq". We wouldn't want a shiite rag head to feel threatened would we?

      TVA approves $250 million for Bellefonte nuclear plant

      23 August 2010 - The Tennessee Valley Authority's board of directors have approved nearly $250 million toward the possible opening of one of its nuclear reactors.

      The board approved the 2011 fiscal year budget that included $248 million to fund the engineering design and site preparation for Unit 1 at the Bellefonte Nuclear Plant in Alabama.

      Construction at the plant was started in 1974 but came to a halt in 1988. In 2009 the Nuclear Regulatory Commission approved TVA's request to reinstate original construction permits while TVA evaluated its two reactor sites.

      The projected cost to complete the unit is between $4.3 billion and $4.7 billion. Final approval for the project is not expected until next year.