188Corn Cost Comparison

  • yellowcorvette4
    Mar 5, 2007
      Ken, In most homes the corn cost compared to other fuels follows the
      bar graph comparison on http://msnusers.com/AmaizablazeCornStoves.
      Click on Model 7100, Click on Photos or just click on the link below:
      http://msnusers.com/AmaizablazeCornStoves/amaizablazemodel7100.msnw?
      action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=9
      Correctly observed the cost to produce corn ethanol gas/moonshine
      liquor 90/10 is $0.85 to $1.00 per gallon. Accumulate corp, local,
      state, federal, road taxes and ethanol fuel cost roughly $3/gallon
      with farm corn selling $2-$3 per bushel. The cost of ethanol explains
      why OPEC ratchets gasoline about $3/gallon. The feds subsidize Archer
      Midland Daniels with half the US subsidies by paying AMD for the corn
      purchased to refine into ethanol. In addition to federal subsidies,
      loans, and grants, states like Calif and NC subsidize solar and
      renewable fuels at 40% to 50% of actual installation cost.

      No matter your work or political persuasion, the Feds, states,unified
      countries and diversified governments survive and thrive controlling
      one's financial energy with taxes, subsidies, loans, and grants.
      Whole kernel shelled combine or silo corn direct grown or farm
      purchased is recommended as compared to processed, refined, liquified
      corn mesh at the mill or market.

      The working person paying bills is not into the blame game. (S)he
      must control the bottom line. The blame attitude was well worded last
      week by Ali Gore and I quote: "I don't blame individual home owners
      like me. The public and governments are to blame for the polluting
      energy shame."
      Correct my english but does not VP Gore presently accept financial
      reward because he once sat in the second highest office of government
      in one of the most influential and largest of countries? So the
      public is at fault and the government to blame for Al's home that
      produces 1000 tons pollution each year.

      --- In cornplace@yahoogroups.com, Ken <ken.meinken@...> wrote:

      > Cornstoves wrote:
      > >
      > > No heating fuel cost less than whole kernel shelled corn.
      >
      > From the calculators that I have seen, firewood and coal cost less.
      > They are just not as convenient or clean.
      > >
      > > Pepsi & Coke are made from corn syrup and cost less than bottled
      spring
      > > water.
      >
      > That is strictly a marketing issue.
      >
      > > Gasoline made from corn ethanol cost less than $2/gallon petro
      out of
      > > the ground.
      >
      > Gasoline would cost a lot less if it were not for the taxes. Corn
      > ethanol is subsidized while gasoline is heavily taxed. It's pork
      barrel
      > politics at it's worst. The government makes many times more
      profit
      > per gallon of gasoline than Exxon does.
      >
      > I am not against corn by any means. But the current market is
      distorted
      > by self serving politicians and corporations.
      >
      > Ken

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic