New to list

  • ceomomof6@netzero.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2001
      Hello! My dh and I have decided we want to use Worldviews of the
      Western World for our children in high school. I'm so glad to have
      found this list even though it doesn't look very busy.

      I'm Laurie married to Mike 15yrs. We have six children: 14yod in
      May, 13yos in May, 11yod, 8.5yod, 4yod, and 1.5yod. We've
      homeschooled for 9yrs now, and have tried just about everything there
      is to try.

      I spoke with David Quine on the phone earlier this week to find out
      how to prepare my children. He suggested an overview of both World
      and American History. My problem is that due to a relaxed approach
      and my daughter starting this in Fall of 2002 I have 16 months to do
      this with her. Any suggestions on how to cover this quickly without
      a textbook? He also suggested his science and math, which I plan to
      use, Mindbenders, and Answers for Difficult Days. And of course I'll
      need to prepare my other children also.

      I was planning to use FIAR with my 4yod and Learning Adventures with
      the 8.5-13yo. But now I think this may be too much. I need to just
      find something simple for history and literature for the younger ones.

      Oh, David Quine also mentioned he's working on a curriculum for
      elementary age to prepare them for Worldviews.

      Blessings,
      Laurie in IN
    • Dana Tillman (EUS)
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6, 2001
        Hello Laurie,

        This really is not a very active group. there is another one that is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WorldViews .   I would suggest that you go to Son Light Curriculum  http://www.sonlight-curriculum.com/ and order their catalog.  Use their reading list for World history and American history.  Much of it can be found in the library or you can order it from Sonlight.  You may not want to follow the curriculum as it is laid out, but you should have time to work through the reading list for the subjects.  This is what we did to get my youngest daughter (14 in May) ready.  She will be starting WVWW next year. My two oldest kids have finished all three years of WVWW.

        God Bless
        Dana Tillman

        Dana Tillman
        Satellite Systems