High school

  • Ron Turner
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 17, 1999
      I am interested in The World View course for my 8th grade daughter. We plan to start it next year.
      I have used the 2 galleries in the Art course.

      Linda
    • Dawn
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 17, 1999
        On Fri, 17 September 1999, "Ron Turner" wrote:

        > I am interested in The World View course for my 8th grade daughter. We plan to start it next year.
        > I have used the 2 galleries in the Art course.
        >
        > Linda

        I am interested in this as well. My husband and I have been trying to make up a high school program that is very similar. When a friend told me about this curriculum, we were both very excited. Our oldest is in eighth grade ( a girl), and we would like to use this next year. We do have some questions though.
        The catalog states that the parents would need to spend some time each week to use this curriculum. What things do the parents do? I suppose they check the work over, discuss the material, and help the children improve their writing skills. What else? Is there any lecturing? Gathering of materials not included in the curriculum package?
        Also, the material said that kids would spend up to 20 hours or so on this work a week. Is this what others have found? We notice that there is no lab science, foreign language, or math in the curriculum. We would like our daughter to have these, and if she only needs 20 hours a week for the World View material, we could easily add the other subjects in without overloading her. Is anyone else adding subjects in?
        Any information from others who are using this curriculum would be greatly appreciated. We think this is the way G-d wants us to go for high school, but we want to make sure.
        Thanks!
        Dawn Lucas

        Homeschooling? Interested in using the Principle
        Approach?
        Join an e-mail list for Principle Approach
        homeschoolers at
        http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/principleapproach

        Visit my homepage at:
        http://members.truepath.com/narrowpath/