Focus On Your Strengths

  • Scott Bywater
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2010
      A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Scott Bywater

      Article Title:
      Focus On Your Strengths

      Article Description:
      Last year, I took over a small second office next to the one
      I have now. I've had it painted and recarpeted. But setting
      it up and getting my current office painted / recarpeted
      seems overwhelming. I know. I know. I've got to make the
      time to plan out how I want it to all look, what I want to
      get out of it, where I want what, etc. because my current
      office just feels too congested. But I find it overwhelming.

      Additional Article Information:
      ===============================

      Distribution Date and Time: 2010-03-01 12:15:00

      Written By: Scott Bywater
      Copyright: 2010
      Contact Email: mailto:sbywater@...

      Scott Bywater's Picture URL:
      http://www.copywritingthatsells.com.au/images/scott2.jpg

      For more free-reprint articles by Scott Bywater, please visit:
      http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/scott-bywater.html

      Versions Of Article Are Available at:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/b/focus-on-strengths.shtml#get_code

      Focus On Your Strengths
      Copyright (c) 2010 Scott Bywater
      Copywriting That SELLS
      http://www.copywritingthatsells.com.au/

      Last year, I took over a small second office next to the one I
      have now. I've had it painted and recarpeted. But setting it up
      and getting my current office painted / recarpeted seems
      overwhelming.

      I know. I know. I've got to make the time to plan out how I want
      it to all look, what I want to get out of it, where I want what,
      etc. because my current office just feels too congested.

      But I find it overwhelming.

      It's the same with clothes. Sometimes I'll put clothes on
      myself (or my son) on a Saturday morning and my wife will look at
      me and say:

      "You're not going to wear that, are you?"

      I guess we all have our strengths and weaknesses.

      And while I find writing easy now (although I didn't in the
      beginning. I can remember my sister's father in law tearing me
      to shreds over just how bad the writing I created for a seminar I
      spoke at once was) there are things which I don't have a natural
      talent for.

      My advice for all of this stuff: focus on your strenghts.

      For instance, I am not very "handy" around the house. I don't
      fix cars. Or hang up pictures. Or put up dryers on the wall. Or
      any of that sort of stuff.

      The thought of it overwhelms me.

      Now truth be told, with a fair bit of training, I could probably
      do some of it. But I think, I would do it poorly compared to
      someone who loves doing it and has a natural aptitude for it.

      However I can make a quick phone call and pay a handyman $50 an
      hour to do it. He'll do it quicker and faster than me and I can
      focus the time I would have spent on it towards building my
      business or enjoying my life.

      How about you?

      Which tasks do you find overwhelming because they are just not
      your thing?

      Why don't you hand them over to someone else?

      For instance, if I want to learn a new piece of software, I'll
      seek someone out who has already mastered it and ask for their
      advice.

      I won't try and wade through hours and hours of online tutorials
      to learn in 3 hours what a master could teach me in 30 minutes.

      I'll get my mechanic to fix my car rather than doing it myself.

      I'll get my doctor or naturopath to look at me when I am sick.

      Personally, I consider myself like an advertising doctor. So if
      you've got an ad or sales letter which seems to overwhelming,
      why don't you get me to critique it by hopping along to
      http://www.scottbywater.com/critique

      As a direct response copywriter, Scott Bywater strives to educate
      business owners on how to generate more leads, get more of the
      "right type" of customers, differentiate themselves from their
      competition, and convert their leads into sales via his
      underground and "outside of the box" strategies. You can get his
      copywriting and marketing tips delivered to your inbox via his
      eye opening "Copywriting Selling Secrets" newsletter available at
      http://www.copywritingthatsells.com.au/

      --- END ARTICLE ---

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/b/focus-on-strengths.shtml#get_code

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
      (Last Updated: May 11, 2006)

      The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

      *** Digital Reprint Rights ***

      Hyperlinks (clickable links).

      within the article.

      *** Author Notification ***

      or her work. Scott Bywater can be reached at:
      sbywater@...

      for Print Permission at:
      mailto:sbywater@...

      Article Marketing Ebook at:

      *
      *
      * copywriting_help@yahoogroups.com
      *

      ABOUT THIS ARTICLE SUBMISSION

      are owned and operated by:

      Bill Platt
      3010 E Raintree
      Stillwater, Oklahoma USA 74074

      and opinion of its author, Scott Bywater
      http://www.copywritingthatsells.com.au/