Re: Camera hangs

  • oakind@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2000
      I had the 990 hang, refuse to shut off, AND the zoom continue to
      click. I sent it back to Nikon. It's only 8 days old. I'm
      disapointed with the need for repair (lack of quality) and will
      return the camera at the end of my 30 day MBG period from my vendor
      if I continue to question the reliability of the product. When it
      worked, it worked well, but only for 8 days. I expected more from
      Nikon. Thats why I bought it.
    • Dave Kommel
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2000
        I've had my 990 for about 5 months now and it worked flawlessly. It gets
        constant use (over 5000 exposures so far) and my 950 before it performed the
        same way. You're going to find lemons in almost any product. I have a good
        friend who almost returned his Mercedes under California's lemon law several
        years ago.

        Your mileage may vary, but I've found the Coolpix line to be excellent
        cameras.

        Good luck,

        Dave Kommel
        Auto Imagery, Inc.