Re: [coolpix990] rotateing movie?

  • Carolyn L. Hardy
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2001
      I've only tried the movie thing once. But I changed the file extension to mpeg and opened it in Windows Media Player. There is simple adjustments you can make in the media player but nothing you can save to the file.
      Carolyn L. Hardy
      Nevada City, CA.
      ICQ#19873347
      http://www.geocities.com/carolynluckhar/Carolyn.html

      I have a photographic memory......but I'm out of film.
      only in "Quick Time" which has no editing capabilities at all..........must
      I upgrade to "Pro" to get even the most basic of options?
      Thanks everyone,
      Judy Bodman

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      To unsubscribe send an email to:

    • Bob
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2001
        Hi Judy

        Go to http://www.abc-tv.com/ and download the FREE video editing
        program "Video Roll." I don't use it, but one of its output modes
        should be gif animation. Once you get your movie into a gif's, you
        can use one of many software programs to edit each individual picture
        turning each one 90 degrees, cropping to 3x4's, then converting the
        animation back back to a movie. You understand you will lose a large
        part of your pictures by cropping verticals to horizontal 3x4's.

        Bob

        > Hi everyone,
        > I shot a couple of Quick time movies with the CoolPix 990 and was
        holding
        > the camera sideways. It never accrued to me that I couldn't just go
        up to
        > edit/rotate 90 degrees. What I was shooting just fit better that
        way. Well
        > I can't for the life of me figure out how to turn this. I feel a
        bit dumb
        > but there must be a way right??? My necks getting a kink in it from
        trying
        > to watch them! I tried opening them in Photoshop but it
        automatically opens
        > only in "Quick Time" which has no editing capabilities at
        all..........must
        > I upgrade to "Pro" to get even the most basic of options?
        > Thanks everyone,
        > Judy Bodman
      • Alan Morrison
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2001
          I did a quick experiment with a sideways movie.

          I use Corel Photopaint (version 9) for image editing. Photopaint will
          open .mov files and it also allows you to rotate the frames through
          90 degrees. It actually does all the frames at the same time which
          saves some time. When the file is saved it can be played back using
          Quicktime and plays the right way up.

          regards
          Alan