TVwriter demo available - converts JPGs for in-camera display

  • David J Taylor
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2001
      There is now a demo version of my Windows program which converts any JPEG
      file into a form that can be read on a 990 at:

      http://www.david-taylor.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/software/beta.htm

      Look for the TVwriter link.

      A couple of things you should note:

      - TVwriter requires two DLLs which can be installed in the same folder as
      the program. Full details are in the TVwriter.txt file in the Zip
      archive. I do this for all my programs as it makes the program update
      downloads much smaller, and you will know precisely what files ar required
      for the program rather than some amorphous SETUP.EXE putting files all
      over your hard disk!

      - TVwriter uses the same naming convention as the 900, rather than the
      990. Doesn't matter, just put the DSCnnnnn.JPG files into the
      \DICM\100NIKON folder on the Compact Flash card and all will be well.

      I'm looking forward to your feedback direct or on-list.

      David

      --
      Web: www.satsignal.net
      Email: davidtaylor@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2001
        (Duplicate message - first sent to egroups...)

        There is now a demo version of my Windows program which converts any JPEG
        file into a form that can be read on a 990 at:

        http://www.david-taylor.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/software/beta.htm

        Look for the TVwriter link.

        Something you should note:

        - TVwriter uses the same naming convention as the 900, rather than the
        990. Doesn't matter, just put the DSCnnnnn.JPG files into the
        \DICM\100NIKON folder on the Compact Flash card and all will be well.

        I'm looking forward to your feedback direct or on-list.

        Thanks,
        David