Re: Infra-red.

  • steven_hagler@hp.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2001
      Well, I certainly won't try to profess that I have figured out
      everything about infra-red, but I have done some experimentation with
      the H&H 89b filter. I have a couple of examples (towards the bottom)
      at the following site:
      http://members2.clubphoto.com/steven187534/Nikon_990_Trials_Nikon_990_
      Trials/

      The pool pictures were taken in Austin, Texas during early October
      about mid-day using Shutter Priority with 1 second exposure. The 990
      doesn't have the IR sensitivity that the 950 has, but you can get
      some pretty good results.

      Steven

      --- In coolpix990@y..., "Liz Schreiner" <Starsprite@p...> wrote:
      > Inspired by Larry Bergman's Infra-red images (go see), for less
      than $20.00 I picked up a Harrison IR filter and adapter. I need to
      know more about exposure with this filter......or is all "try and
      see?" Another thing, one of my re-chargeable batteries is "skinned"
      ( meaning that the yellow coating with the type is nicked and
      slightly torn.) The batteries are handled with care but now I assume
      this set could damage my camera. Is this so?
    • steven_hagler@hp.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2001
        Looks like the previous post had a word wrap problem.

        The url (without http://) to my site is:
        members2.clubphoto.com/steven187534/Nikon_990_Trials_Nikon_990_Trials

        Hopefully this link will work correctly.

        Steven
      • dh sullivan
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 1, 2001
          Photoshop users can also use Nik Abstract Efex Pro's infrared filter for
          infrared effects on their images. It is obviously not the same as shooting
          with the 89b, but it will produce a very good, very controllable lookalike.
          Other FX software may also have an IR filter included. Larry, have you tried
          it?

          dh

          //// Subject: [coolpix990] Re: Infra-red.
          ////
          ////
[...]
          //// To unsubscribe send an email to:
          ////
          ////
          ////
          //// Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          //// http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          ////
          ////
          ////