Compact Flash Card

  • bugambic
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 20, 2010
      Hi there. Having got my Coolpix 990 and bought a 1GB compact flash card. I was keen to view the photo's that I had taken. I have a Hiyatek compact flash card reader and after inserting the memory card plugged it into my computer. I am saddened to find that although Win XP Pro displays the drive letter, it does not reveal the photo's or make them available. No driver is available or needed for the card reader which also takes SD cards. I thought something must be wrong, anyway I inserted an SD card and straight away the drive letter showed up and the photo's which were on it. What I need to find out is why the photo's on the CF card do not show and what can I do to remedy that. Can anyone help? Thanks for any help available.
    • Charlie X Wallace
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 20, 2010
        try photorescue

        > Hi there. Having got my Coolpix 990 and bought a 1GB compact flash card. I
        > was keen to view the photo's that I had taken. I have a Hiyatek compact
        > flash card reader and after inserting the memory card plugged it into my
        > computer. I am saddened to find that although Win XP Pro displays the
        > drive letter, it does not reveal the photo's or make them available. No
        > driver is available or needed for the card reader which also takes SD
        > cards. I thought something must be wrong, anyway I inserted an SD card and
        > straight away the drive letter showed up and the photo's which were on it.
        > What I need to find out is why the photo's on the CF card do not show and
        > what can I do to remedy that. Can anyone help? Thanks for any help
        > available.

      • bugambic
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 21, 2010
          Hi Charlie. I was that desperate this morning I plugged the Compact Flash Card into a simple data recovery program I have on a computer running Win ME. It recognised the CF disk and began recovering the pics. It too over two hours to do the job but eventually produced the pictures. Your sugestion of getting Photorescue is a good one Charlie, sadly, since last night, something happened and I now cannot download anything from the web. I get through all the procedures and then when I click on down load, I get a brief display of loading and then it all goes off I have to do it all again, but only to get the same results. So it seems like I have found a solution only to be baulked because XP will not download. Ugh! Thanks for all your help Charlie. Regards Walt.

          --- In coolpix990@yahoogroups.com, "Charlie X Wallace" <charlie@...> wrote:

          > try photorescue

        • bugambic
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 22, 2010
            Hi Charlie. Good news at last. I got my internet sorted out and was then able to get hold of photorescue. Problem solved as I can now download all the pictures off my Compact Flash Card. I was amazed at how quickly they were found and transferred to my hard drive. Would have been nice to take them off the camera without having to take the CF card out every time, but at least I now have a working system. Thanks for everything. Walt.