Re: SLR Lenses???

  • lizzo56
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2008
      Hi Guys. Many thanks for taking the time to reply, I thought it would
      be a none-starter but just needed to know.

      Great site and a great help when deciding to get the 990 for my first
      foray into Digiscoping.

      Thanks again Lizzo
    • Paul Berndt
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2008
        Hi,

        I, like the others, don't believe that this will work. Yet will suggest that you may want to join, if you don't already belong, the digiscopingbirds group on Yahoo. They have a couple of people that are very knowledgeable on what works & what could with some work. I don't digiscope but like the camera reviews that they do. They really work their cameras and are always trying new units.

        Paul

        lizzo56 <lizzo56@...> wrote:
        I know this is probably a stupid question (it is my first so be
        gentle)... but I have a Carl Zeiss 1:3.5f=135 lens from a SLR that I
        have had years and I was wondering if, with the aid of a step-up ring,
        I could use it on my 990 or would it not work at all. I Digiscope with
        my 990 through a Nikon scope and thought that it might act as a smaller
        scope! See, I told you it was a stupid question!!!!.

        Thanks for your time and your thoughts, Lizzo

      • lizzo56
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2008
          --- In coolpix990@yahoogroups.com, Paul Berndt <pwberndt@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > I, like the others, don't believe that this will work. Yet will
          suggest that you may want to join, if you don't already belong, the
          digiscopingbirds group on Yahoo. They have a couple of people that are
          very knowledgeable on what works & what could with some work. I don't
          digiscope but like the camera reviews that they do. They really work
          their cameras and are always trying new units.

          > Paul

          Hi Paul
          Thanks for the idea, didn't realise there was a digiscoping group, will
          have a look.
          Thanks again Phil