Re: Replace battery door or get new one?

  • wherethegypsyangelsgo
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 9, 2007
      Thanks for all the posts guys!! Stupid me, just got around to
      ordering the door and it arrived today. And haha, I found my little
      screwdriver on first attempt. Inside joke with my son, I have lots of
      things, just never know where I left it last.

      Thomas, do you remember how much the converter was from Radio Shack,
      cheaper and work as well as the one from Nikon Charlie(es?) posted?

      And thank you all for your comments. I will attempt the changeout
      now. I was getting ready depressed. I'm the FRG leader for our local
      National Guard unit my son is in, and the state is dedicating a
      bridge to a 22 year old soldier we lost in Aug '05 in Iraq tomorrow
      AM at 10. I asked my DIL to bring her camera, but nothing has been as
      good as this little Nikon, I'm even torn between it and a $2500 Sony
      digital camera/video recorder as for quality and ease of use for
      pictures. I really wanted to take my Nikon tomorrow, my son will be
      in the Color Guard for the dedication so will be incredibly moving on
      both counts. Cross your fingers I get it working!!

      -L

      --- In coolpix990@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Hayes" <thayes5400@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In coolpix990@yahoogroups.com, "wherethegypsyangelsgo"
      > <wherethegypsyangelsgo@> wrote:
      > >
      > > My battery door has finally failed. Not even duct tape will keep
      it
      > > up. I so need my camera for my ebay sales. While it was on the
      blink,
      > > I used an HP and a Kodak. None compared to what I loved about my
      > > coolpix 990.
      > >

      > Try a subject search (battery door fix) in this message data
      > base for some ideas.
      > >
      > > The one real downside on my 990, is the battery life. :-( There's
      no
      > > way I could shoot all night if I wanted too. I do use
      rechargeable
      > > batteries now, but my recharger only recharges 4 at a time and
      that
      > > takes 7 hours.
      >
      > I have been useing a one (1) hour charger from Radio Shack
      (CAT.
      > No. 23-405) and two sets of batteries for over five years with
      > excellent results.
      >
      > > Wish my favorite camera didn't drain batteries so. Wish it had a
      DC