Viewing images

  • G Wood
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 22, 2006
      My question is a little off-topic, but as we're not being inundated
      with traffic fromt his group at the moment, I hope you'll forgive me
      and perhaps someone will be able to point me in the right direction
      for an answer.

      I have discovered that if I wish to make a disc to view jpg's view my
      DVD recorder/player and television, only the unadulterated files from
      the camera will work. It seems that these files are in a DSC format,
      but once I have done any editing and re-saved the image as a jpg on
      the computer, the DVD player won't show them. My question is, what
      exactly is this DSC format, and is there any way I can manually save
      a jpg to incorporate it, thus making it viewable by the DVD player.

      Any answers or suggested avenues I could research would be much
      appreciated.

      Thanks, Gillian
    • Charlie Wallace
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 22, 2006
        The DSC is the just the name its Digital Still Camera (i think ), the file
        is still a JPEG/JFIF file, most likely the program you are using to resave
        the JPEG/JFIF is doing something the DVD player doesn't like.er

        Try a different program to alter the JPEG/JFIFs or try different quality
        settings.

        Photoshop is notorious for making odd files.

        If you get stuck feel free to email me the original JPG and the modified one
        and i'll tell you what changed.

        Its also possible , but somewhat unlikely the EXIF information is being
        stripped and the DVD player wants to see that, but as i said unlikely, most
        modern image processing software should be EXIF aware (EXIF is embedded data
        in the image that stores information from the camera about the image, how it
        was taken etc)

        Also use the same case and filenames, layout etc.

        Also the DVD model number might help us, help you.

        > My question is a little off-topic, but as we're not being inundated
        > with traffic fromt his group at the moment, I hope you'll forgive me
        > and perhaps someone will be able to point me in the right direction
        > for an answer.
        >
        > I have discovered that if I wish to make a disc to view jpg's view my
        > DVD recorder/player and television, only the unadulterated files from
        > the camera will work. It seems that these files are in a DSC format,
        > but once I have done any editing and re-saved the image as a jpg on
        > the computer, the DVD player won't show them. My question is, what
        > exactly is this DSC format, and is there any way I can manually save
        > a jpg to incorporate it, thus making it viewable by the DVD player.
        >
        > Any answers or suggested avenues I could research would be much
        > appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks, Gillian
        >

        > To unsubscribe send an email to:
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Gillian Wood
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 24, 2006
          Charlie -

          Thank you for your suggestions. I haven't had a
          chance to experiment with them yet, but will try them
          outas soon as I can. If I don't have any joy, I may
          well take you up on your offer to look at the
          offending files.

          Regards,
          Gillian