990 door latch repair

  • CBroadhurst
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2005
      Hi,

      It has happened to my 990 and I was trying to be ever so careful in view of the number of failures I heard about.

      As I am in the UK, I thought I would try a DIY repair and I am evaluating which to do.

      I can not find the original reference to the fix using "stainless steel
      strips which sometimes reinforce Japanese car OEM wiper blades (e.g
      Nissan & Toyota). The cross section is 2.5 mm wide by 1mm thick"

      Can somebody point me to the original message (as it is not obvious in the archives)

      Thanks
      Chris