Re: [coolpix990] Trying to use Charlie's cpix.exe

  • Mike Russell
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2004
      Mike Russell wrote:

      [re CPix not working for 990 over USB]

      I solved the problem. CPix uses the serial port by default. To use USB,
      check the "Use USB" box in the upper right corner. All hot pixels are
      mapped out in a few short seconds, and I'm a happy camper now!

      BTW - CPix will do a number of things, besides hot pixel remapping. It is a
      free download, located here:
      http://www.charliex.net/cpix/cpix.htm

      Mike Russell
      www.curvemeister.com
      www.geigy.2y.net
    • Ray Pelham
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2004
        Folks

        I downloaded the cpix 990 drivers and installed them

        I downloaded cpix193 from charlie's site - it worked fine on USB

        I wanted the hot pixel fix, so I then downloaded Cpix2.4

        Whenever I connect the camera and connect ot cp2.4 the PC freezes and the
        camera locks. The only way to release both is by removing the camera
        batteries and rebooting the PC. I have got USB selected.

        I tried going back to cpix 193 but that now does the same.

        Any ideas?

        Cheers

        Ray

        I solved the problem. CPix uses the serial port by default. To use USB,
        check the "Use USB" box in the upper right corner. All hot pixels are
        mapped out in a few short seconds, and I'm a happy camper now!

        BTW - CPix will do a number of things, besides hot pixel remapping. It is a
        free download, located here:
        http://www.charliex.net/cpix/cpix.htm

        Mike Russell
        www.curvemeister.com
        www.geigy.2y.net

        To unsubscribe send an email to:

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Mike Russell
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2004
          Ray Pelham wrote:
          > Folks
          >
          > I downloaded the cpix 990 drivers and installed them
          >
          > I downloaded cpix193 from charlie's site - it worked fine on USB
          >
          > I wanted the hot pixel fix, so I then downloaded Cpix2.4
          >
          > Whenever I connect the camera and connect ot cp2.4 the PC freezes and
          > the camera locks. The only way to release both is by removing the
          > camera batteries and rebooting the PC. I have got USB selected.
          >
          > I tried going back to cpix 193 but that now does the same.

          Hi Ray,

          The most likely problem is that you have NikonView installed, and NkvMon.exe
          is using the USB port. Either kill the task from task manager, or move it
          out of the startup folder and reboot.

          Other possibilities, and things to try. Do you have v1.1 of the coolpix
          firmware? What OS are you running under? Are you accessing the camera via
          a USB hub? If so try a direct connection.

          Try running other programs that access your camera via USB, such as photopc
          and NikonView (version 6 is a free download, well worth it).

          Mike Russell
          www.curvemeister.com
          www.geigy.2y.net