unable to set camera to manual

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2004
      Hello,

      I have been unable to set my camera to shoot manual. I can set other
      exposure modes w.o problem and I have been able to set manual
      settings in the past.

      Is there anything I am missing? I went thru my manual (book) and
      have set the camera to reset using the menu command w/o joy.

      Any ideas?

      Thanks!

      Frank
    • Steven Dunn
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2004
        When a PC messes up the solution is nearly always to reboot. The solution
        is much the same here from what I have read from others on this post. In
        this case in order to reboot your camera you will need to power the camera
        completely off. This does not mean to simply switch off the power because
        the camera is not truly off but in a sort of standby mode. In order to
        completely reset your camera you will need to remove ALL the batteries from
        it so that it cannot possibly have any hope of remembering it's settings.
        (This includes the clock batteries if you have them) Leave it off for a
        while so that the energy will fully drain from it's circuits. Some say 10
        min but if you are worried about it just do it before you go to bed. At any
        rate once it is drained and you put batteries back in then the camera should
        think it just came off the factory shelf with all factory settings in
        glorious restoration. Give it a try.
        --Steven
        I have been unable to set my camera to shoot manual. I can set other
        exposure modes w.o problem and I have been able to set manual
        settings in the past.

        Is there anything I am missing? I went thru my manual (book) and
        have set the camera to reset using the menu command w/o joy.

        Any ideas?

        Thanks!

        Frank

        To unsubscribe send an email to:

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Get unlimited calls to

        U.S./Canada

      • Mike Russell
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2004
          Frank wrote:
          > Hello,
          >
          > I have been unable to set my camera to shoot manual. I can set other
          > exposure modes w.o problem and I have been able to set manual
          > settings in the past.
          >
          > Is there anything I am missing? I went thru my manual (book) and
          > have set the camera to reset using the menu command w/o joy.

          Frank. I'll bet it's the mode switch - this is the rotary switch around the
          shutter release.

          Can you get manual mode to light up momentarily by pressing down on the mode
          switch and moving it around slightly?

          Mike Russell
          www.curvemeister.com
          www.geigy.2y.net