Nikon 8700 Resource Guide 1.0

  • Ken Leonard
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2004
      I have arbitrarily assigned version 1.0 to the current update of this list since I feel it has
      finally matured into something useful for both 8700 users and 5700 users. By far this list
      has not ceased in development. I can always use your suggested links to useful info to add
      and of course I will always give you credit. The guide has been expanded to include links
      to just plain very useful digital photography and Photoshop tips, techniques and tutorials.

      Please share your favorite tip, tutorial, and techniques links so I can add them for future
      updates.
      Here is the guide, bookmark it if you like and use it often.

      http://home.earthlink.net/~xl1ken/

      --
      Your comments and critiques always welcome

      Ken Leonard
      Belmont Shore, SoCal
      pbase supporter since 2001
      Nikon Coolpix 5000 w/ WC-E68 19 mm equiv. wide angle adaptor
      Nikon Coolpix 8700
      Nikon Coolpix 8700 test shots

      http://www.pbase.com/xl1ken/87t

      Nikon Coolpix 8700 Online Resource Guide

      http://home.earthlink.net/~xl1ken

      12,000 + classic car photos online at:
    • Renato Aranghelovici
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2004
        Has this list changed target?

        Or is it adequate to post a D70 RG also?

        Renato

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2004
          Renato

          The list has not changed focus. It is still aimed at 8700 users (as well as 5700 users). If
          however you have something useful to add that 8700 users can use by all means share
          that info and I will be glad to add it to the list.

          Ken

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 1, 2004
            I mean THIS list... His name is coolpix990...

          • Ken Leonard
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 1, 2004
              Sorry Renato

              In your original post I thought you said something about the D70. I owned a 990 and
              posted on this forum for several years. That camera went to my daughter. Since this list is
              outdsated and many have gone onto later Coolpix models I see no reason not to post info
              for later cameras that may also help 990 users. In fact many have already posted 8700
              info here.

              Have a great day and get out and use that camera!

              Ken

              > I mean THIS list... His name is coolpix990...

            • Larry N. Bolch
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 1, 2004
                Renato Aranghelovici wrote:
                > Has this list changed target?
                >
                > Or is it adequate to post a D70 RG also?

                As the CP990 went out of production, we decided that the list could continue as
                a Coolpix camera list. While the D70 is not a Coolpix camera, I would not object
                to positive discussion of it.

                larry!
                ICQ 76620504
                http://www.larry-bolch.com/
              • Al Sevcik
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 1, 2004
                  I'm worrying about the name of this list.
                  Those of us who have been with it for awhile understand that discussion of
                  any Coolpix camera is okay. But, how will be attract new members? Anyone
                  looking to join a Yahoo group for a discussion of any currently produced
                  Coolpix is very unlikely to click on "990".

                  Is the list just doomed to slowly fade away? That would be a shame,
                  because it is one of the better discussion groups available.

                  Al

                  >As the CP990 went out of production, we decided that the list could
                  >continue as
                  >a Coolpix camera list. While the D70 is not a Coolpix camera, I would not
                  >object
                  >to positive discussion of it.
                  >
                  >larry!
                  >ICQ 76620504