Dead cf card

  • Sean Cross
    Message 1 of 28 , Oct 1, 2003
      My camera battery died on me while on holiday and killed my cf card. Is
      there any way of returning it to life?

      Sean
      ---------------------------------------
      Sean Cross
      mailto:sean@...

      Pics Print - The photo printing solution for Windows.
      http://www.picsprint.com

      http://www.Intuitex.com - Multimedia software for Windows
    • xl1ken@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 28 , Oct 1, 2003
        Place the card in your card reader and try reformatting it from your
        computer. It must be formatted in DOS. If you have a Mac choose DOS
        format, not Mac format.

        Ken

      • charlie@finitemonkeys.com
        Message 3 of 28 , Oct 1, 2003
          try formatting it on a regular computer with a cf slot

        • xl1ken@earthlink.net
          Message 4 of 28 , Oct 2, 2003
            Sean

            If you are using a cf card reader (not a cable from your camera) your
            computer should tell you that it cannot read the card and give you
            the option of formatting the cf card.

            Ken

            Message 5 of 28 , Oct 2, 2003

            • charlie@finitemonkeys.com
              Message 6 of 28 , Oct 2, 2003
                its possible the card has been borked, i've had it happen on a low battery
                situation, if you can't get the pc to see it at all, contact the maker they'll
                often swap them out if its not too old.