Re: [coolpix990] 990 Odometer rolled over, now what?

  • rjfs
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1, 2003
      In article <5.2.1.0.2.20030228114620.0228cd50@...>, Larry
      Berman wrote:
      > Can anyone verify if NikonView actually rename in batch?

      I don't know, but Irfanview definitely can.

      Rod.
    • lrbaldwin2000 <linda@thebaldwins.com>
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 1, 2003
        Thanks, I downloaded it and it seems nice indeed. However, if I
        can't think of any other reasons to rename files, the freebie
        Renamit! might do just as well for my one purpose.

        --- In coolpix990@yahoogroups.com, "Otis C. Wright, Jr."
        <rusty.@a...> wrote:
        > There is program out there called "Better File Rename" that I
        find
        > real handy for this sort of task. Once installed it comes up in
        the WE
        > right click menu which works nicely for me.
        >
        > Otis Wright
        >
        > lrbaldwin2000 wrote:
        >
        > >What I think would be best is to be able to rename all the
        existing
        > >(first 9999) to something like dscna0001, dscna0002. 15 years ago
        > >probably could have written a fast DOS batch file to do that. Oh
        no,
        > >that won't work because I'd have to change all the file names on
        my
        > >web pages. I'll look around for a batch file to rename future
        files.
        > >Will let you know if I find something.
        > >

        > >-- In coolpix990@yahoogroups.com, Larry Berman <larry@b...> wrote:
        > >

        > >>Move all your old photos off your hard drive?
        > >>
        > >>Actually I spoke to Mike Rubin about this problem. The problem I
        > >>

        > >had was
        > >

        > >>that in using two or three different CoolPix cameras for review
        at

        > >the same
        > >

        > >>time, they all generated the same named files. Mike told me that
        > >>

        > >NikonView
        > >

        > >>could rename the files. Too bad for me as I've never installed it
        > >>

        > >and won't
        > >

        > >>unless I need to shoot RAW.
        > >>
        > >>Can anyone verify if NikonView actually rename in batch?
        > >>
        > >>Larry

        DSCN0001.jpg.

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • lrbaldwin2000 <linda@thebaldwins.com>
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 1, 2003
          Thanks, I'm hoping not to have to actually open an app.

        • Michael Stupinski
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 1, 2003
            The same script is provided in Apple's OSX, Dennis. It can be found in:

            Applications>AppleScript>Example Scripts>Finder Scripts

            Haven't tried it yet but it looks promising. I probably won't pass 9999
            for another few years yet. ;-)