Re: Saving EXIF Data on the CF Card

  • wturber
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
      I guess I got a little superstitious about the CF cards when a card
      got corrupted a couple of times. I'm still not sure why, but it might
      have been because I opened a file in Photoshop directly from the card.

      Anyway, I've had no problems since I implemented these practices.

      1) I only view images on the card with the camera or with viewer
      software. No edit capable software. Nothing that might try to write
      a temp file or somesuch.

      2) I copy all files (including the info.txt) at once to their happy
      new home on a hard disk.

      3) I format the card in the camera after all files are copied and
      verified OK on the hard disk. Every card gets a fresh format each time.

      I almost never delete an image from the camera unless I'm on an
      extended trip away from a computer and I need to conserve card space.

      Jay Turberville