Re: [coolpix990] 990 grinding/locking

  • Gordon Lupien Jr.
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1 5:25 PM
      Gary,

      I have read on the web that the grinding problem is a real problem and that Nikon actually does not own up to it. (Something I read on the web, stop throwing the rotten fruit!) Maybe you should have just kept it when it started grinding. People were hoping that the latest software revision would stop the grinding "feature" but it was not fixed. Evidently the way to stop it is just what you did, take the batteries out. I can't find the site that described all of this because I had to reformat my hard disc due to a virus, but there is a certain combination of things you normally do that sets the thing into grinding mode. If you search enough, you'll find it. I'd suggest just not doing that combination of things anymore when you get your camera (hopefully repaired at least back to normal) back!

      - GLupien
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1 5:53 PM
        Gordon, thanks for responding. You are correct.

        The situation has been resolved to my hesitant satisfaction.

        I am getting a refurbished 995 with 1 yr warranty.

        gary

        ---
      • Gordon Lupien Jr.
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1 5:59 PM
          Um... I'd call that "addressing it" though! Good for Nikon!

          - GLupien