Bad news and good news.

    Message 1 of 3 , May 1 5:24 AM
      My computer crashed for the first time in ages. I didn't notice for
      several hours, that I'd worked at transcription for 2 hours, but not
      saved my work. All gone. Bah humbug.

      The good news for the day is that my disability was approved, I
      haven't worked since October and expected it to take much longer.
      This means that Pennsic is a possibility after all.

      Ranvaig
    • wheezul@canby.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1 7:35 AM
        > My computer crashed for the first time in ages. I didn't notice for
        > several hours, that I'd worked at transcription for 2 hours, but not
        > saved my work. All gone. Bah humbug.

        Ack!!! My sympathies for the lost time.

        > The good news for the day is that my disability was approved, I
        > haven't worked since October and expected it to take much longer.
        > This means that Pennsic is a possibility after all.

        Yay! I'd like to go to Pennsic some time!

        Katherine

        Message 3 of 3 , May 1 8:04 AM
          > > My computer crashed for the first time in ages. I didn't notice for
          >> several hours, that I'd worked at transcription for 2 hours, but not
          >> saved my work. All gone. Bah humbug.
          >
          >Ack!!! My sympathies for the lost time.

          It was sheer stupidity. I wasn't working when it happened, it was 12
          hours later, but I hadn't closed the file.

          >Yay! I'd like to go to Pennsic some time!

          It helps that it's only 4 hours away, nearly local.