RE: [cooking_rumpolt] Outlands Crown Tourney Feast Sept 2009

  • otsisto
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 22 1:40 PM
      green- spinach leaves?

      -----Original Message-----
      I dont have the recipe to hand but it was literally 'arrange leaves of red,
      white and green salad in the shape of a rose.  So Im thinking red cabbage,
      butter lettuce and something else darker green just separated into whole
      leaves and then the leaves assembled into a rose with red, white and green
      layers.  Serve oil and vinegar on the side or drizzled over.

      I will post a version of the whole menu with the German transliterated and
      then translated recipes when life slows down.

      Im going for rather more simple this time, one of my apprentices is being
      fought for in the tourney and I want to be able to support her, and the
      kitchen is not really adequate but the site we originally were to hold it at
      withdrew between the time the verbal agreement was made and the time the
      contract was signed by all parties on the SCA side...

      PURR
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 12, 2009

        >Outlands Crown Tournament Feast, September 12, 2009
        >Menu selected by Catrin von Berlin called Gwen Cat

        I just realized that your feast was today. I know you won't see this
        until afterwards, but I hope everything goes well. Please give us a
        feast report when you recover.

        Ranvaing
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 14, 2009
          HI,
          feast went well (even with court runnign one hour and fortyfive minutes late)  It was Crown Tournament, the weather tanked, and frankly, I was expecting to have to serve late so I picked dishes that were not time sensitive.

          I will post a full report when I find and unpack my brain.  OH and I have a wedding to cater Saturday - snacks for 160 ~.~

          Gwen Cat