Thank you!

  • Alesone Gray
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 8, 2013
      Hello,

      I would like to thank all of the members of this group. I cooked coronation dayboard for the East Kingdom this past weekend, with a menu put together from the translations of this group. Everything was very, very well received.

      Due to the primitive nature of our site, we did not have access to a kitchen and were unable to set one up. We did have electric, water and one 3 burner stove. We coursed our dayboard in 4 parts, as if we were serving a feast. We planned on 300. We served over 400. We were able to introduce a bunch of folks to good food, that was within the SCA time period. And very little food came back home with us.

      I am currently working on trying to put what I did into a modern recipe format. When we were cooking, there was a little of this, a little of that, and a bit more of something else. Which I guess is pretty true to what they did in the recipes. I can make the link available if anyone is interested, once I get that work done.

      This is what we ended up serving.
      Course 1
      Rye bread, butter
      Salat 20: Cucumber salad (V, GF)
      Salat 15: Asparagus salad (V, GF)
      Salat 45: Radish salad (V, GF)
      Cheese
      Ham
      Soup 46: New cheese soup(V, GF)
      Beef 64: Beef dumplings (meatballs)

      Course 2
      Lamb 26: Lamb with sage and cherry (served cold)
      Hen 2: Hen made in the Hungarian way
      Pottage 13: Peas and barley (V)
      Pottage 37: Earth apples (potato) (V available, GF)
      Soup 45: Cheese onion soup (V, GF available)

      Course 3
      Indian chicken 3: Stuffed Turkey (served cold)
      Pork 34: Roast pork (served cold)
      Pottage 81: Barley and chicken
      Pottage 126: Lentils and pea broth (V, GF)
      Soup 42: Rice soup (V, GF)

      Course 4
      Confect 1: Apple confect (V, GF)
      Turten 8: Apricot tart (V, GF available)
      Pretzels (V)
      Comfits (V, GF)
      Marzipan: (V, GF)

      Thank you again,
      Alesone Gray
    • Johnna Holloway
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 8, 2013
        Sounds like an impressive activity and full menu.

        Johnnae

        On Apr 8, 2013, at 12:00 PM, Alesone Gray wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I would like to thank all of the members of this group. I cooked coronation dayboard for the East Kingdom this past weekend, with a menu put together from the translations of this group. Everything was very, very well received.
        >
        > Due to the primitive nature of our site, we did not have access to a kitchen and were unable to set one up. We did have electric, water and one 3 burner stove. We coursed our dayboard in 4 parts, as if we were serving a feast. We planned on 300. We served over 400. We were able to introduce a bunch of folks to good food, that was within the SCA time period. And very little food came back home with us.
        >
        > I am currently working on trying to put what I did into a modern recipe format. When we were cooking, there was a little of this, a little of that, and a bit more of something else. Which I guess is pretty true to what they did in the recipes. I can make the link available if anyone is interested, once I get that work done.
        >
        > This is what we ended up serving.
        > Course 1
        > Rye bread, butter
        > Salat 20: Cucumber salad (V, GF)
        > Salat 15: Asparagus salad (V, GF)
        > Salat 45: Radish salad (V, GF)
        > Cheese
        > Ham
        > Soup 46: New cheese soup(V, GF)
        > Beef 64: Beef dumplings (meatballs)
        >
        > Course 2
        > Lamb 26: Lamb with sage and cherry (served cold)
        > Hen 2: Hen made in the Hungarian way
        > Pottage 13: Peas and barley (V)
        > Pottage 37: Earth apples (potato) (V available, GF)
        > Soup 45: Cheese onion soup (V, GF available)
        >
        > Course 3
        > Indian chicken 3: Stuffed Turkey (served cold)
        > Pork 34: Roast pork (served cold)
        > Pottage 81: Barley and chicken
        > Pottage 126: Lentils and pea broth (V, GF)
        > Soup 42: Rice soup (V, GF)
        >
        > Course 4
        > Confect 1: Apple confect (V, GF)
        > Turten 8: Apricot tart (V, GF available)
        > Pretzels (V)
        > Comfits (V, GF)
        > Marzipan: (V, GF)
        >
        > Thank you again,
        > Alesone Gray

      • Melissa Long Blevins
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 8, 2013
          I would LOVE to get the link (once it is done)!
          Thank you, so much, for offering this.

          HE Elisabeth de Calais
          (mka Melissa Blevins)

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 9, 2013
            Here you go.

            http://alysten.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/recipes.pdf

            Thanks,
            Alesone

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 9, 2013
              I'm very glad that you found my transliteration and my translation to
              be useful.

              But I'm rather sad that I don't see "Transliteration and Translation
              by Ranvaig Weaver mka Sharon Palmer, copyright 2013." And the
              Welserin recipe should be "translation by Valoise Armstrong,
              copyright 1998."

              It matters.

              Ranvaig

              >Here you go.
              >
              >http://alysten.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/recipes.pdf
              >
              >Thanks,
              >Alesone

            • Alesone Gray
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 9, 2013
                I have that in the other doc I am working on. It is longer and more involved. However, I will add it to this one.

                I meant no offense. I will take the recipes down until I have time to add it.

                It has been a very, very long weekend, and I am sure there will be a bunch of other things that I have missed also.

                Alesone

                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 9, 2013
                  >I have that in the other doc I am working on. It is longer and more
                  >involved. However, I will add it to this one.
                  >
                  >I meant no offense. I will take the recipes down until I have time to add it.
                  >
                  >It has been a very, very long weekend, and I am sure there will be a
                  >bunch of other things that I have missed also.
                  >
                  >Alesone

                  I'm really not trying to give you a hard time. I know you've had a
                  long weekend, and I understand the oversight. But it's pretty basic
                  that if you use someone's work, you should give credit. Thank you.

                  This goes to anyone else who works with the Rumpolt recipes. I've
                  put them out there so everyone can access them. All I ask is credit
                  for my seven years of work.

                  Ranvaig
                • jillwheezul
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 9, 2013

                    > This goes to anyone else who works with the Rumpolt recipes. I've
                    > put them out there so everyone can access them. All I ask is credit
                    > for my seven years of work.
                    >
                    > Ranvaig

                    And fabulous work it is. Have you been shopping it around for
                    publication? I strongly think you should.

                    Katherine
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 9, 2013

                      >> This goes to anyone else who works with the Rumpolt recipes. I've
                      >> put them out there so everyone can access them. All I ask is credit
                      >> for my seven years of work.
                      >>
                      >> Ranvaig
                      >
                      >And fabulous work it is. Have you been shopping it around for
                      >publication? I strongly think you should.

                      If I ever finish the revision, I want to connect it with a print on
                      demand, because I'd like a hard copy for myself. But its really much
                      easier to use online, where you can search.

                      Ranvaig
                    • Duke Jason
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 10, 2013
                        Click on the link give a 404 File not found error. Is something missing?

                        <mailto:cooking_rumpolt%40yahoogroups.com> , Melissa Long Blevins
                        <hlecalais@...> wrote:

                        > I would LOVE to get the link (once it is done)!
                        > Thank you, so much, for offering this.
                        >
                        > HE Elisabeth de Calais
                        > (mka Melissa Blevins)

                      • Alesone Gray
                        Message 11 of 11 , May 3, 2013
                          Hi,

                          Yes, the file was removed until I get the credits sorted. I am still working on tracking down the marzipan reference. I will let folks know when it is back up.

                          Thanks,
                          Alesone