[cooking_rumpolt] Re: Period German Sausage Recipe

    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 21, 2013
      >i am looking for a venison sausage recipe... :)

      I posted this to your previous inquiry. Download the translation to
      get the recipes.

      >Dendel 9. Deer blood sausage - with ginger.
      >
      >Dendel 21. Deer sausage with garlic.
      >
      >Reh 5. Roe deer liver sausage.
      >
      >Reh 11. Sausage from roe deer.

      Ranvaig
    • Lady Marie d'Andelys
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 21, 2013
        no i have not downloaded it... do you have a link?

        --- In cooking_rumpolt@yahoogroups.com, Sharon Palmer <ranvaig@...> wrote:

        > >Does anyone have a period German Sausage recipe? that does not include ginger?
        > >

        > Have you downloaded the Rumpolt translation yet?
        > This is what I get from a search for "sausage".
        > The few that have ginger are marked.. but may be
        > of interest for directions, etc. Ginger seems to
        > mostly be used for blood or brain sausage, or for
        > fish sausage.
        >
        > Ranvaig
        >

        > Ochsen 61. Italian sausage of beef/ that one calls Zurwonada.
        >
        > Kalb 8. Bratwurst/ from a calves liver.
        >
        > Hammel 37. Sausage from mutton.
        >
        > Lamb 10. Lamb liver sausage.
        >
        > Lamb 25. Lamb sausage.
        >
        > Geiß 28. Goat sausage.
        >
        > Spensaw 3. Brain sausage - with ginger.
        >
        > Spensaw 13. Blood sausage - with ginger.
        >
        > Spensaw 14. Sausage from piglet.
        >
        > Spensaw 15. The bratwurst served in a sauce garnished with ginger.
        >
        > Hirsch 13. Deer sausage - with ginger.
        >
        > Hirsch 25. Italian zurwanada. Also good with beef and pork.
        >
        > Dendel 9. Deer blood sausage - with ginger.
        >
        > Dendel 21. Deer sausage with garlic.
        >
        > Reh 5. Roe deer liver sausage.
        >
        > Reh 11. Sausage from roe deer.
        >
        > Schweinen 17. Blood sausage from a wild pig - with ginger.
        >
        > Schweinen 18. Liver sausage.
        >
        > Schweinen 19. Bratwurst.
        >
        > Schweinen 33. Sausage to store.
        >
        > Gemß 4. Liver sausage.
        >
        > Türkischen Schaf 4. Liver Sausage.
        >
        > Ganß 16. Sausage of goose (no actual recipe).
        >
        > Ganß 22. Sausage of goose liver.
        >
        > Ganß 26, Sausage of goose breast.
        >
        > Kappaun 3. Sausage of capon breast.
        >
        > Kappaun 17. Sausage of capon liver.
        >
        > Kappaun 30. "sausage" of milk, eggs, and herbs.
        >
        > Salmen 14. Sausage of salmon - with ginger.
        >
        > Hecht 4. Sausage of pike - with ginger.
        >
        > Bersig 11. "Sausage" of perch wrapped in crepes. - with ginger.
        >
        > Krebßen 9. "Sausage" of crab and egg yolk wrapped in crepes.
        >
        > Ranvaig

      • Lady Marie d'Andelys
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 21, 2013
          we have someone in our barony that can not have beef...
          i may try it with venison instead...

          --- In cooking_rumpolt@yahoogroups.com, Sharon Palmer <ranvaig@...> wrote:

          > >(I need to fix that)
          >
          > While fixing it.. could you add a link to my translation, please?
          >
          > Ranvaig

        • Lady Marie d'Andelys
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 21, 2013
            I'm not finding this recipe:

            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 21, 2013
              >no i have not downloaded it... do you have a link?
              >> >

              > > Have you downloaded the Rumpolt translation yet?

              At the bottom of every post it says:

              Or get there directly from here
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cooking_rumpolt/files/%20Ein%20New%20Kochbuch/

              Look for the file EinNewKochbuch.rtf current translation.

              2000 translated recipes, 50 pages of translated menus.

              Sharon
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 21, 2013
                >I'm not finding this recipe:
                >
                >Dendel 21. Deer sausage with garlic.

                Same thing, download the file. Most of the discussion here, centers
                around my translation of this long work.

                Ranvaig
              • Sharon
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 21, 2013
                  My apologies, it apparently edited out the link I was trying to send. Hopefully this works.

                  At the bottom of every post it says:

                  To visit your group on the web, go to: