Re: Period German Sausage Recipe

  • Lady Marie d'Andelys
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 21, 2013
      i am looking for a venison sausage recipe... :)

      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 21, 2013
        >i am looking for a venison sausage recipe... :)

        I posted this to your previous inquiry. Download the translation to
        get the recipes.

        >Dendel 9. Deer blood sausage - with ginger.
        >
        >Dendel 21. Deer sausage with garlic.
        >
        >Reh 5. Roe deer liver sausage.
        >
        >Reh 11. Sausage from roe deer.

        Ranvaig
      • Lady Marie d'Andelys
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 21, 2013
          no i have not downloaded it... do you have a link?

          --- In cooking_rumpolt@yahoogroups.com, Sharon Palmer <ranvaig@...> wrote:

          > >Does anyone have a period German Sausage recipe? that does not include ginger?
          > >

          > Have you downloaded the Rumpolt translation yet?
          > This is what I get from a search for "sausage".
          > The few that have ginger are marked.. but may be
          > of interest for directions, etc. Ginger seems to
          > mostly be used for blood or brain sausage, or for
          > fish sausage.
          >
          > Ranvaig
          >

          > Ochsen 61. Italian sausage of beef/ that one calls Zurwonada.
          >
          > Kalb 8. Bratwurst/ from a calves liver.
          >
          > Hammel 37. Sausage from mutton.
          >
          > Lamb 10. Lamb liver sausage.
          >
          > Lamb 25. Lamb sausage.
          >
          > Geiß 28. Goat sausage.
          >
          > Spensaw 3. Brain sausage - with ginger.
          >
          > Spensaw 13. Blood sausage - with ginger.
          >
          > Spensaw 14. Sausage from piglet.
          >
          > Spensaw 15. The bratwurst served in a sauce garnished with ginger.
          >
          > Hirsch 13. Deer sausage - with ginger.
          >
          > Hirsch 25. Italian zurwanada. Also good with beef and pork.
          >
          > Dendel 9. Deer blood sausage - with ginger.
          >
          > Dendel 21. Deer sausage with garlic.
          >
          > Reh 5. Roe deer liver sausage.
          >
          > Reh 11. Sausage from roe deer.
          >
          > Schweinen 17. Blood sausage from a wild pig - with ginger.
          >
          > Schweinen 18. Liver sausage.
          >
          > Schweinen 19. Bratwurst.
          >
          > Schweinen 33. Sausage to store.
          >
          > Gemß 4. Liver sausage.
          >
          > Türkischen Schaf 4. Liver Sausage.
          >
          > Ganß 16. Sausage of goose (no actual recipe).
          >
          > Ganß 22. Sausage of goose liver.
          >
          > Ganß 26, Sausage of goose breast.
          >
          > Kappaun 3. Sausage of capon breast.
          >
          > Kappaun 17. Sausage of capon liver.
          >
          > Kappaun 30. "sausage" of milk, eggs, and herbs.
          >
          > Salmen 14. Sausage of salmon - with ginger.
          >
          > Hecht 4. Sausage of pike - with ginger.
          >
          > Bersig 11. "Sausage" of perch wrapped in crepes. - with ginger.
          >
          > Krebßen 9. "Sausage" of crab and egg yolk wrapped in crepes.
          >
          > Ranvaig

        • Lady Marie d'Andelys
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 21, 2013
            we have someone in our barony that can not have beef...
            i may try it with venison instead...

            --- In cooking_rumpolt@yahoogroups.com, Sharon Palmer <ranvaig@...> wrote:

            > >(I need to fix that)
            >
            > While fixing it.. could you add a link to my translation, please?
            >
            > Ranvaig

          • Lady Marie d'Andelys
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 21, 2013
              I'm not finding this recipe:

              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 21, 2013
                >no i have not downloaded it... do you have a link?
                >> >

                > > Have you downloaded the Rumpolt translation yet?

                At the bottom of every post it says:

                Or get there directly from here
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cooking_rumpolt/files/%20Ein%20New%20Kochbuch/

                Look for the file EinNewKochbuch.rtf current translation.

                2000 translated recipes, 50 pages of translated menus.

                Sharon
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 21, 2013
                  >I'm not finding this recipe:
                  >
                  >Dendel 21. Deer sausage with garlic.

                  Same thing, download the file. Most of the discussion here, centers
                  around my translation of this long work.

                  Ranvaig
                • Sharon
                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 21, 2013
                    My apologies, it apparently edited out the link I was trying to send. Hopefully this works.

                    At the bottom of every post it says:

                    To visit your group on the web, go to: