Of Beer 16-17

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 23, 2012
      16) Welches Bier sauer wil werden.
      Jtem/ nim~ Aschen von Beyfuß/ zu einem Eymer ein
      Handt voll/ vnd so viel Büchen Aschen/ vermisch
      wol ineinander mit Bier/ als ein Muß/ vnd der
      Mixtur geuß in ein gantz Fuder Bier anderthalben
      Quarten/ vnd rür es wol mit einem Besem/ laß
      darnach ruhen/ so wirdt es gantz lustig zu
      trincken.

      Which Beer will become sour.
      Item: Take ash from mugwort/ to one bucket a
      handful (a handful for each bucket of beer)/ and
      as much beech ash/ mix well into each other with
      beer/ like a pottage/ and pour the mixture into a
      whole fuder (238 gallons) beer one and a half
      quarters??/ and stir it well with a broom/ then
      let it rest/ then it will be completely pleasing
      to drink.

      17) Das sich ein Bier nicht verkehrt.
      Jtem/ nim~ Linden Bletter/ Nußbletter/ Beyfuß
      gleich/ vnnd halb so viel Wermut/ vnd hencks in
      das Bier.

      Jtem/ etliche legen schöne weisse Kißling darein/ auß einem fliessenden Wasser.

      That a Beer does not spoil.
      Item: Take Linden leaves/ walnut leaves/ mugwort
      equally/ and half as much wormwood/ and hang it
      in the beer.

      Item: Some lay fair white pebbles in it/ from a flowing water.

      -- per Grimm: Kieselingstein = kislingstein or pebble.
    • emilio_szabo
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 28, 2012
        Folks, please don't fall asleep...

        Any comments?

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 29, 2012
          >Folks, please don't fall asleep...

          I've been needing a break, I thought I'd finish the last page of
          Kellermeistery, but maybe not.
          When I work on Rumpolt, I spend most of the day at it, and after
          awhile, I need to do something else too. It's been too hot.. I'll
          probably be back at it in Fall.

          Ranvaig
        • emilio_szabo
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 29, 2012
            I apologize!

            > >Folks, please don't fall asleep...

            Certainly I did not mean you, Ranvaig. I admire your work whenever you post new stuff.

            It's summer time and list members are away from their machines and their recipes...

            sorry again, see you later

            E.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 29, 2012
              >I apologize!
              >
              >> >Folks, please don't fall asleep...
              >
              >Certainly I did not mean you, Ranvaig. I admire your work whenever
              >you post new stuff.

              Thank you for your kind words. I didn't take offense, it just
              reminded me to say something, instead of fading out

              >It's summer time and list members are away from their machines and
              >their recipes...
              >sorry again, see you later

              In this corner of the world, many people are off to Pennsic this
              week, but alas, not me.