[cooking_rumpolt] Re: Of Wine 75

    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2012
      > > Der Dampff durch ein
      > > Trichter in die Ohren zerlassen/ widerbringt das
      >> Gehör/
      >
      > > dissolves the vapor
      >> through a funnel in the ears/ restores the
      > > hearing/
      >
      >This again is sort of a conditional construction:
      >
      >If the vapor is introduced via/through a funnel
      >into the ears, this restores the hearing.

      ENHG has "Dampf" = steam, and I think that fits better.

      I'm not sure about translating "zerlassen" as
      "introduced", usually it means "melted" or
      "dissolved". Grimm has the addition meaning of
      "entlassen" or "released",

      When released into steam through a funnel into the ears/ restores the hearing.

      But I think it could be translated as "vaporized" here.

      When vaporized into steam through a funnel into the ears/ restores the hearing.

      (Vaporized into vapor doesn't sound right).