Re: [cooking_rumpolt] Welcome to another new member

  • ranvaig@columbus.rr.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 7, 2007
      >Email address: tirloch1 <gmt53@...>
      >Comment from user:
      >I have been translating some of Rumpolt and Dr Glonig has posted my work
      >on his site. In teh SCA, I got my Laurel for cooking German foods. I am
      >getting back into my love again.

      How wonderful that you found us! I tried to email you a while ago and it bounced, I think I had the wrong address. I hope you will share your translations. I used the transcription from your site for much my first translations and am trying to transcribe the rest now.

      Ranvaig
    • Tirloch
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 7, 2007
        Hi Ranvaig,

        Sure I will share. J

        It is in sharing that we all learn. Some of my translations are still rough
        as I am now learning modern German - the instructor was flabbergasted at my
        arcane vocabulary -

        Mistresshuette was the good person who pointed me to this site..

        Tirloch

        >I have been translating some of Rumpolt and Dr Glonig has posted my work
        >on his site. In teh SCA, I got my Laurel for cooking German foods. I am
        >getting back into my love again.

        How wonderful that you found us! I tried to email you a while ago and it
        bounced, I think I had the wrong address. I hope you will share your
        translations. I used the transcription from your site for much my first
        translations and am trying to transcribe the rest now.

      • tirloch1
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 7, 2007
          --- In cooking_rumpolt@yahoogroups.com, ranvaig@... wrote:

          > >Email address: tirloch1 <gmt53@>
          > >Comment from user:
          > >I have been translating some of Rumpolt and Dr Glonig has posted
          my work
          > >on his site. In teh SCA, I got my Laurel for cooking German foods.
          I am
          > >getting back into my love again.
          >
          > How wonderful that you found us! I tried to email you a while ago
          and it bounced, I think I had the wrong address. I hope you will
          share your translations. I used the transcription from your site for
          much my first translations and am trying to transcribe the rest now.

          > Ranvaig

          I am doing another feast in a week - using mostly from Rumpolt
          although a few from das buch guter spise....

          Gästehaus vom Mang

          Das Bancket fur der Adliges:
          Festlichkeit ohne eine Ursache

          Der erste Gang zum Nachtmahl
          Ein Brot und frische Butter
          Ein güt spise

          Der ander Gang zum Nachtmahl
          Ein Salm
          Gemüse
          STC (Wolgeschmeckt Gerösteter Käse) über Blumenkohl
          Turten vom Grazie

          Der dritt Gang zum Nachtmahl
          Saur Braten
          Rot Kohl
          Spätzle mit Käse

          Der ende Gang zum Nachtmahl
          Epfel Turten
          Vanille Kipfel
          Käße Turten mit Erdbeeren

          Wasser
          Most

          And with the German foods I went and gotr a registered alternate
          persona - Mang von Ornbau - for when I do German feasts.....

          I am still experimenting with gooseberries for a dessert....
        • ranvaig@columbus.rr.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 7, 2007
            >It is in sharing that we all learn. Some of my translations are still rough
            >as I am now learning modern German - the instructor was flabbergasted at my
            >arcane vocabulary -

            My current translation is in the file section, along with a glossary. So far I've mostly been the one starting discussions, but there has been a lot of strong help when I have questions.

            When I started working on Rumpolt, my own German was rusty high school stuff, that I hadn't used in more than 30 years.

            >Mistresshuette was the good person who pointed me to this site..

            Thank you, Mistress Huette!! She was the one that encouraged me to start this group. Such a sweet lady!!

            Ranvaig
          • ranvaig@columbus.rr.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 7, 2007
              >Spätzle mit Käse

              Do you have a period recipe for Spätzle? I think its likely to be period, but have not seen a recipe.
              Ranvaig
            • grasse@mscd.edu
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 7, 2007
                Herzlich Wilkommen!

                So glad to have you here!

                In Service

                From: Tirloch <gmt53@...>
                Date: Friday, December 7, 2007 8:56 pm
                To: cooking_rumpolt@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 3, 2008
                  >Email address: otterwife25 <mikkelsen_rebecca@...>
                  >
                  >Comment from user:
                  >I have been a member of the SCA since 1980. I am planning a German feast
                  >and am looking for ideas.

                  Please let us know what you are planning.