Re: [cooking_rumpolt] Welcome to another new member

  • ranvaig@columbus.rr.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 7, 2007
      >Email address: dolce_leontina <dolce_leontina@....>
      >
      >Comment from user:
      >Good evening! I was in your class at the Cooking Symposium. :)

      I haven't talked about the class much, but it went pretty well, considering that I didn't have a clue what to say.
    • ranvaig@columbus.rr.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 7, 2007
        >Email address: tirloch1 <gmt53@...>
        >Comment from user:
        >I have been translating some of Rumpolt and Dr Glonig has posted my work
        >on his site. In teh SCA, I got my Laurel for cooking German foods. I am
        >getting back into my love again.

        How wonderful that you found us! I tried to email you a while ago and it bounced, I think I had the wrong address. I hope you will share your translations. I used the transcription from your site for much my first translations and am trying to transcribe the rest now.

        Ranvaig
      • Tirloch
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 7, 2007
          Hi Ranvaig,

          Sure I will share. J

          It is in sharing that we all learn. Some of my translations are still rough
          as I am now learning modern German - the instructor was flabbergasted at my
          arcane vocabulary -

          Mistresshuette was the good person who pointed me to this site..

          Tirloch

          >I have been translating some of Rumpolt and Dr Glonig has posted my work
          >on his site. In teh SCA, I got my Laurel for cooking German foods. I am
          >getting back into my love again.

          How wonderful that you found us! I tried to email you a while ago and it
          bounced, I think I had the wrong address. I hope you will share your
          translations. I used the transcription from your site for much my first
          translations and am trying to transcribe the rest now.

        • tirloch1
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 7, 2007
            --- In cooking_rumpolt@yahoogroups.com, ranvaig@... wrote:

            > >Email address: tirloch1 <gmt53@>
            > >Comment from user:
            > >I have been translating some of Rumpolt and Dr Glonig has posted
            my work
            > >on his site. In teh SCA, I got my Laurel for cooking German foods.
            I am
            > >getting back into my love again.
            >
            > How wonderful that you found us! I tried to email you a while ago
            and it bounced, I think I had the wrong address. I hope you will
            share your translations. I used the transcription from your site for
            much my first translations and am trying to transcribe the rest now.

            > Ranvaig

            I am doing another feast in a week - using mostly from Rumpolt
            although a few from das buch guter spise....

            Gästehaus vom Mang

            Das Bancket fur der Adliges:
            Festlichkeit ohne eine Ursache

            Der erste Gang zum Nachtmahl
            Ein Brot und frische Butter
            Ein güt spise

            Der ander Gang zum Nachtmahl
            Ein Salm
            Gemüse
            STC (Wolgeschmeckt Gerösteter Käse) über Blumenkohl
            Turten vom Grazie

            Der dritt Gang zum Nachtmahl
            Saur Braten
            Rot Kohl
            Spätzle mit Käse

            Der ende Gang zum Nachtmahl
            Epfel Turten
            Vanille Kipfel
            Käße Turten mit Erdbeeren

            Wasser
            Most

            And with the German foods I went and gotr a registered alternate
            persona - Mang von Ornbau - for when I do German feasts.....

            I am still experimenting with gooseberries for a dessert....
          • ranvaig@columbus.rr.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 7, 2007
              >It is in sharing that we all learn. Some of my translations are still rough
              >as I am now learning modern German - the instructor was flabbergasted at my
              >arcane vocabulary -

              My current translation is in the file section, along with a glossary. So far I've mostly been the one starting discussions, but there has been a lot of strong help when I have questions.

              When I started working on Rumpolt, my own German was rusty high school stuff, that I hadn't used in more than 30 years.

              >Mistresshuette was the good person who pointed me to this site..

              Thank you, Mistress Huette!! She was the one that encouraged me to start this group. Such a sweet lady!!

              Ranvaig
            • ranvaig@columbus.rr.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 7, 2007
                >Spätzle mit Käse

                Do you have a period recipe for Spätzle? I think its likely to be period, but have not seen a recipe.
                Ranvaig
              • grasse@mscd.edu
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 7, 2007
                  Herzlich Wilkommen!

                  So glad to have you here!

                  In Service

                  From: Tirloch <gmt53@...>
                  Date: Friday, December 7, 2007 8:56 pm
                  To: cooking_rumpolt@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 3, 2008
                    >Email address: otterwife25 <mikkelsen_rebecca@...>
                    >
                    >Comment from user:
                    >I have been a member of the SCA since 1980. I am planning a German feast
                    >and am looking for ideas.

                    Please let us know what you are planning.