Re: [cooking_rumpolt] Hirsch 26

  • Guenievre de Monmarche
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 19, 2011
      I'm working on translating some of the menu bits that aren't done yet -
      would you like me to post those when I get them in a "finished" state? I'm
      trying to get enough of them done to get a sense of "what was served at what
      point in the meal and why"...

      Gueni�vre

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 19, 2011
        >I'm working on translating some of the menu bits that aren't done yet -
        >would you like me to post those when I get them in a "finished" state? I'm
        >trying to get enough of them done to get a sense of "what was served at what
        >point in the meal and why"...

        Nice to hear from you, Guenièvre.
        Please! The more hands the better. The menus
        are one of those things I've been meaning to get
        to. I've put it off because I thought it needed
        to be a table, and not easily done with the
        program I use (TextEdit).
        Did you download the glossary? How far have you gotten?

        Ranvaig
      • Guenievre de Monmarche
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 19, 2011
          Yes, the glossary is WONDERFUL and it's what's getting me through it - I'm
          sort of learning German as I go, I did French in school and that's really
          what I usually concentrate on BUT I got handed a German feast to play with
          and thus I wanted to do it right.

          A table is in fact exactly what I'm building at the moment, from the ones
          you had translated, the ones Gwen Cat had translated, and the 2 I've added
          (so far).

          One of the most striking things so far has been the number of "cold" dishes
          specified, especially first course in the evening meals. Which, of course,
          is sort of handy in a do-ahead sense for SCA feasts, and I have to wonder
          whether the motivation was the same...

          Gueni�vre

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 19, 2011
            >Yes, the glossary is WONDERFUL and it's what's getting me through it -

            Also check the link section on the Yahoo group page, lots of links to
            dictionaries, both period and modern. Also, if you have any
            additions or corrections to the glossary, let me know so I can keep
            it updated.

            >I'm
            >sort of learning German as I go, I did French in school and that's really
            >what I usually concentrate on BUT I got handed a German feast to play with
            >and thus I wanted to do it right.

            Watch out, a German feast is how I got started on this. I had German
            in HS but that was a VERY long time ago.