RE: [cooking_rumpolt] Stuffed whole cabbage - w as someone looking for recipe?

  • Daniel Myers
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2011
      Note that there is a similar recipe in Ouverture de Cuisine (France,
      1604).

      "To make a stuffed cabbage. Take a red cabbage that is not too large, &
      put it to boil whole sweetly, & leave it so a long time that you can
      open the leaves the one behind the other, while the leaves of the
      cabbage are large like a fist, cut that out, & put chopped meat therein
      that it will be arrayed like the other meats with eggs & spices, & then
      layer the cabbage with the leaves all around, that it will be well
      bound, & put it to cook, sausages with, or that which you want."

      - Doc