OT - Salzburg M I 128

  • guillaumedep
    Message 1 of 6 , May 18, 2011
      Hello,

      I do not want to derail this group from its normal purpose, but things have been a bit quiet lately. For your entertainment, I have been working on a manuscript from about the same time and place as Rumpolt's work and wanted some feedback. I am concerned with items in the following order:

      Factual errors and mistakes in translation
      Phrasing and alternate translations and interpretations
      Comparisons to similar contemporary recipes
      Other interesting notes
      Other suggestions

      The "xxx" listings are placeholders. I have not put together my entire bibliography yet nor have I annotated it to the degree I would like. Please respond to this off list; send responses directly to me. Again, I do not want to distract too much from the translation of Rumpolt's work.

      http://talisman.clift.org/sam/sca/events/Salzburg_M_I_128_index_annotated.

      Thanks,

      Guillaume
      guillaumedep@...
    • guillaumedep
      Message 2 of 6 , May 18, 2011
        It seems the link's extension got truncated. Here is the correct link

        http://talisman.clift.org/sam/sca/events/Salzburg_M_I_128_index_annotated.htm
        Message 3 of 6 , May 18, 2011
          >Hello,
          >
          >I do not want to derail this group from its
          >normal purpose, but things have been a bit quiet
          >lately.

          I've had Real Life get in the way lately, I
          don't expect to have much time for Rumpolt until
          after Memorial Day weekend. I leave for
          Wisconsin tomorrow for my sister's wedding and my
          Mom's 80th birthday party. Next weekend my
          daughter graduates high school AND we are staff
          for Marcon SF con (I have 38 signs to finish,
          cookies and scones to bake for afternoon tea in
          the con suite).

          But Salzburg doesn't look off topic at all, thanks for sharing it.

          Message 4 of 6 , May 18, 2011
            >It seems the link's extension got truncated. Here is the correct link
            >
            >http://talisman.clift.org/sam/sca/events/Salzburg_M_I_128_index_annotated.htm

            I only gave it a brief look tonight, will do more when I can...

            Fol. 330r - 330v Gepachens von gruen plettern
            but what makes this green?

            Could plettern be Blätter or leaves, rather than platters?
            Rumpolt uses Blettern, and the B/P shift is very common.

            Message 5 of 6 , May 19, 2011
              Without looking at the deails, yes I agree, Plettern is NOT platters (platter is
              not a German word) but Blaetter is leaves...

              Purr
              Gwen Cat

              Message 6 of 6 , May 19, 2011
                SAFE travels, Congratulations to your daughter, mom and sis, and ENJOY the
                con!!!

                purr
                Gwen Cat