fürschlagen

  • emilio
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2011
      Bunsmann-Hopf in her Dictionary to early German cookery books paraphrases vorschlagen, fürschlagen, fürtreffen with:

      'vorschmecken, im Geschmack vorherrschen'

      and mentions the glossary of Hugo Stopps 'Aus Kochbuechern ...', which I do not have at hand right now.

      I'll try and see how this fits or doesn't fit to the passages you mentioned later.

      E.
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2011
        ooo those two texts sound like I should have them on my shelves.... more detail
        please?

        Purr
        Gwen  Cat

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2011
          Here is the first one:

          Sabine Bunsmann-Hopf, Zur Sprache in Kochbuechern des spaeten Mittelalters und der fruehen Neuzeit - ein fachkundliches Woerterbuch, Wuerzburg (Koenigshausen & Neumann) 2003

          What means "Purr"?

          E.