99Re: [cooking_rumpolt] Re: Vom Schwan

  • Mary Sanger
    Aug 27, 2007
      Greetings! (or should I say "Guten Tag!")

      I'm working on a period Lebkuchen recipe out of Sabina Wasselrin's Kochbuch.

      I'm having trouble finding translations for a couple of measurements:
      One is instructed to start with a Mass or measure of honey.
      The next line says:
      "unde eine halbe Vierdung of Zucker". Then it says" Nimt ein halbe Vierling
      Mehl."

      I know Vier mean "four" and Viertel means " a quarter", but I'm at a loss on
      Vierdung and Vierling, esp. since they both refer to dry ingredients (sugar
      and flour). My circa WWI German dictionary is of no help on these.

      Would someone please enlighten me? Danke schoen!

      Rose Marian
      Northshield