538Re: [cooking_rumpolt] Re: Morser/Morsel Baking Question

  • Mary Sanger
    Apr 11, 2010
      I once had a discussion about mortars with Master Eadric the Potter. He said
      there is documentable evidence for clay mortars (including the crushing kind
      for cookery.) Given that there are other clay cooking vessels used in
      period, a mortar used for cooking may well have been of clay construction.

      Rose Marian