511Re: [cooking_rumpolt] OT: 16th c. German, not Rumpolt

    Mar 9, 2010
      >that should be for them also a good lordly dish and has thereto the
      >vine leaves always
      >over the filling.

      Perhaps I should have annotated my translation more. I took it to
      mean that "they".. the Turks considered it a lordly (or perhaps
      pretty) dish *because* the meat was wrapped in the grape leaves. And
      I would agree that this statement is not about doneness.

      And I see I missed much good discussion. I'm not sure if it helps or
      confuses the issue to say that the Early New High German to English
      dictionary says that "richte" is a course in a meal. These
      definitions are taken from Dasypodius, a 1536 German to Latin
      dictionary.

      http://www.germanstudies.org.uk/enhg_dic/enhg_dicr.htm