      From: Channon Mondoux <channonmondoux@...>
      To: cooking_rumpolt@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, October 2, 2013 7:27 AM
      Subject: [cooking_rumpolt] Re: translation/interpretation question

      I was reading this posting http://forums.egullet.org/topic/125619-green-mold-on-dry-cured-sausages/
      about Italian sausages and mold and wiping  them down with oil- this seems to be what happens when you store a sausage (please note proper temp and humidity are pertinent to a healthy cured sausage) it WILL turn moldy and should and then you wipe them down with oil when you store it- and then again before eating you should be washing it.

      Read the whole post and you'll get what I mean. There is a natural fermentation happening along with a natural mold growth on the outside of the sausage- You MUST also use proper levels of Nitrates to prevent botulism.

      --
      Channon Mondoux

      "If you endeavor to live the life of which you have imagined, you will find success unknown in common hours."  H.D. Thoreau

      269-547-0339

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic