2052Re: [cooking_rumpolt] Re: need inspiration

  • Euriol of Lothian
    Jan 23, 2013
      Gotcha...

      You might try the Sour Orange Salad out of Rumpolt

      My redaction was a combination of the Sour Orange Salad & Lemon Salad (I have noted recipes 24 & 27) to make accommodation for the sweeter oranges available today

      My Interpretation:

      4 medium oranges (seedless)
      2 Tbsp. white sugar
      4 lemons 2 cups sugar (for serving)

      Cut lemons in half-length wise and core them. Take caution with the
      lemons in order to reserve the peels for serving. Press lemon guts to
      juice and reserve. Clean lemons of white and place lemon peels in lemon
      water (1 Tbsp. of lemon juice in 1 cup of water) to keep fresh. Peel and slice oranges. Combine remaining lemon juice and sugar with orange
      slices. Let marinade overnight. Place sugar for serving on platter. Fill lemon halves with orange salad and place on platter, letting the sugar
      stabilize the lemon half.

      I used the lemons as a presentation device for the feast I served it at (brilliant idea of one of my apprentices).

      Euriol