203Re: [cooking_rumpolt] Re: Steinhüner

  • ranvaig@columbus.rr.com
    Nov 5 12:04 AM
      >I think either you mis-typed the word in your German example or you somehow are thinking that "truck" and "druck" are the same word, which obviously they are not. It is obvious, to me at least, that "druck den Safft" means "press the juice".

      The word "trucken" is used for food served without a sauce, and "truck" for lemon juice, spelled just like that, definitely NOT "druck" in the text. That's why I'm confused by it. It seems to mean "press the juice", but I didn't think I could justify translating "truck" as press.

      Here is my original comment.

      so truck saur Limoniensafft darauff

      -- "truck" is from "trucken" or modernly "trocken" dry. I found similar usage "so weich jn in eine süsse Milch/ und wann er weich ist/ so wasch die Händ sauber/ und truck die Milch auß dem Weck" soak bread in milk and squeeze it dry. The sense seems to be squeezing a lemon dry over the meat.

    • Show all 30 messages in this topic