165[cooking_rumpolt] Re: Vom Lamb 3 and 4

  • ranvaig@columbus.rr.com
    Oct 29, 2008

      >Im wondering if you are thinking of zerren which would be to tear or
      >pull, but zerrür comes from rühren - to stir.

      Good catch, no I didn't see that it was rühren. I think zerrür would be stir well, wouldn't it?

      >veil would you check, could that be viel? (an easy typo to make,
      >especially if Word automatically 'helps' you spellcheck)

      I use TextEdit, because it has a multi-lingual mode that checks both the English and the German dictionaries. Which I have ruined for modern German, by adding all these medieval spellings. But the typos are all my own ten fingers.

      I did a search and found two other places that I made same mistake. And one that really *was* veil.
      And a bunch of places where they were not turning the food into silk.