101Re: [cooking_rumpolt] German bread recipes

  • Dietrich Uhl
    Sep 7, 2007
      Bretzel / Pretzel recipe would be of interest also to me. I just built a
      portable wood fired oven and I want to try it out with a good pretzel
      rescipe.

      -D

      On 9/6/07, ranvaig@... <ranvaig@...> wrote:

      > Are there any German period bread recipes? I'd like both a white bread
      > and a rye bread.
      >
      > In Rumpolt there are many recipes that use bread, but I haven't seen a
      > recipe for making it. The cooks probably just purchased it.
      >
      > Sometimes the bread is called "Weck". "Beef on Weck" is on a roll that I'd
      > call a kaiser roll. Would that have been true then too?

      Dietrich Lorenz Uhl : DietrichUhl@...
      Device : Quarterly Or and sable, an owl gules between four crosses clechy
      counterchanged.