Re: [Control Line Flying Forum] Re: types of glue for controlline aircraft building

  • Allen Hoffmann
    Message 1 of 24 , May 13, 2012
      A banshee has lots of room to shorten the nose acromaster do not. Also the Acromaster is about 275 wing area PDQ clowns are 200 inches should know I race one

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 7, 2012
        On the Banshee, I would recommend shortening the nose by 2" and then enlarging the horizontal stabilizer and elevator (area) each about 15 to 20%. Makes for some very pleasant and effective handling.

        I did this to my own scratch built banshee and did not need to add balast to the tail to get it to balance.

        John

        --- In controllineflyingforum@yahoogroups.com, iskandartaib <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > In controllineflyingforum@yahoogroups.com, "eeyor99" <eeyor99@> wrote:
        > >
        > > most if not all c/l planes come out nose heavy with a muffler well a little lead in the tail fixes everything.
        > >

        > It was nose heavy with NO muffler. The thing to do if you want to use an engine heavier than a baffle piston Fox would be to shorten the nose. The Banshee is another one - a lot of people who write about it on the Stunt forums say to shorten the nose.
        >
        > Iskandar

      • High Plains Thumper
        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 8, 2012
          I have a Ringmaster Jr. I built some 18 years ago, damaged during toddler man handling and while moving. In repairing I'm going to take the hint of shortening the nose or adding ballast to the tail.

          I guess the other option is to install the .11 Gilbert Thunderhead with muffler. An OS .15 Schneurle C/L with muffler makes it nose heavy.

          Amazing how light those earlier engines were. I have 2 OS Max .10 R/C baffle engines with the coupled exhaust throttle plate. They only weigh 3.0 oz but for their light weight, is a powerhouse. Plus, on an R/C aircraft the loudness is like a Cox .049, but at half throttle or less like a muffled engine. Plus, they are long wearing engines.

          Sincerely, George