Factory Reset ?

  • fluidsystems
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 8, 2004
      Hi all. New C/Freak Studio owner. What a great tool this is going to
      be!

      Can anyone tell me, does the CF16 have a factory reset ?? Does that
      load the factory profiles that came on the CF16 ... or is the only
      way to restore them by midi load or via the Freak Editor ??

      Thanks.
      Kev..
      Australia
    • Kevin Wright
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 8, 2004
        Thanks Chris. I have the manual, and can find no reference to a factory
        reset, other than a line on the section for data dumping which refers to
        powering ON whilst holding down buttons F1 thru F4 ..... to clear the memory
        ??

        I'm sure I read that the CF16 could load back the factory loaded profiles
        from ROM somewhere ... maybe I should email Kenton to ask.

        Thanks
        Kev..

      • Chris Hand
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 9, 2004
          On 9 Feb 2004 at 10:09, Kevin Wright wrote:

          > Thanks Chris. I have the manual, and can find no reference to a
          factory
          > reset, other than a line on the section for data dumping which
          refers to
          > powering ON whilst holding down buttons F1 thru F4 ..... to clear
          the memory
          > ??

          Hmmm, you're right -- I can't see it in the manual. The virtual
          Control Freak app for windows doesn't seem to have a reset feature
          either: maybe it is done by holding down certain buttons while
          booting... I would definitely have fiddled around with mine to try
          this when I got it, but I'd rather not experiment on mine now! (I
          never managed to get a data dump to work reliably.)

          Apart from experimenting Kenton's probably your best bet... can you
          post to the list once you've worked it out?

          Cheers

          Chris

          --
          << chris hand
          >> mungbean media >>> http://www.mungbean.net
          >> http://fuji.computing.dundee.ac.uk/~chris/
          >> fax +44 (0)7050 612741 >>> tel +44 (0)7813 179736
        • NELSON Fluid Systems
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 23, 2004
            Chris, and all ... well, I finally got around to asking Kenton about this

            "" >Quick question .... Does the CF16 have any means of being "reset" ??
            >(ie:like a factory reset/memory clear, etc) ""

            Yes - hold pressed the four buttons immediately above the data knob
            while you turn the unit on. (Shift / Store / <-- / --> (not the function
            keys)""

            ... and there you have it!

            Kev..